Offtopic: Forum Problem. everyone please join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
As posted by others....TE is much much better. Too light. When I first joind TE, I was amazed to see everything working fine there..!! I can surf it with my utorrent downloading in background. I never see TDF opening when I'm downloading.

I like TDF. And as I said before...my first journey to Tech World started with TDF. So I'm not going to leave it.

But I really losted my hope of seeing TDF working perfectly fine.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 10 character problem is fixed now, it seems.

Earlier I had tried to just post a URL and I wasn't able to do that. Now I can post a URL directly.

btw, please use this thread for posting your problems and suggestions: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/123086-editors-desk-12.html

Please post over there for all the improvements you want to see.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
The 10 character problem is fixed now, it seems.

Earlier I had tried to just post a URL and I wasn't able to do that. Now I can post a URL directly.

btw, please use this thread for posting your problems and suggestions: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/123086-editors-desk-12.html

Please post over there for all the improvements you want to see.
No its not:!::!: :x:x:x i'm still getting it! :-x:-x:-x

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me test

^^ The above line was posted using "Post Quick Reply" button - so it's working fine for me.

I'm using Opera 10.60 - The best browser in the world IMO :p

As for Glitches/Bugs -

1. When I login the page automatically redirects me to the front page of the forum but still the front page does not shows login status on the upper right corner. I've to visit a thread and then the login status is showing correctly on the upper right corner.

2. occasionally I face database error but with threads with 150+ pages.

3. Occasional I face timeout error when editing or posting large messages - it occurs if I wait too much while editing or posting something with quotes or using the the "Post Reply" button and sometimes while even opening a thread.

4. Sometimes all images in a thread does not loads correctly.

5. The number of bot generated spam messages has increased.

6. occasionally I face slow opening of pages but most of the time it's fast enough.

7. sometime the time stamps on a post is not showing correctly.

8. Very frequently I face miscounting - Say I've opened 5 threads and made 5 posts - out of those only 2 or 3 will be counted in the total post count.

9. While posting a link - page title of a page is also automatically inserted in the post.

take a look at this post : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/98253-hardware-price-check-kolkata-30.html#post1270056

no doubt the bugs/glitches are annoying and they need to be fixed but I can live with all those because

This forum has a great amount of good members and members who are always willing to help as best as possible.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Another quick reply ( I've edited the first reply which I made using Post Quick Reply Button - so as a prove I've posted this messages )

BTW, Most of the time ( other than editing or quoting something ) I use Post Quick Reply Button while posting something anyway :p

Last edited:

pulsar_swift

Youngling
testing quick reply. Ok its working with the following selection.

User CP-->Edit option-->Editor select as standard editor :)

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Ok its working with the following selection for me too.

User CP-->Edit option-->Editor select as standard editor

mavihs

Techie By Heart
i'm thinking of a week long boycott! other forums have done it & had good results, its our turn now!!!!! maybe then they'll open there eyes & do something about these bugs!

see we havn't had a single reply from the Admins or the Staff till now! they don't visit the forum. once they see the activity low for a whole week they might check wats going on!

pushkar

Journeyman
My two main problems with this forum are (a) really slow browsing (b) ridiculous amount of spam everyday.

@any coder/developer of this forum: Have you considered using a caching system like memcached with vBulletin? A caching system stores the most-accessed data of the database in the main system memory, which makes the frontend much faster since the database doesn't need to be hit everytime someone opens a popular thread, for example. In fact, Facebook makes heavy use of memcached.

I have seen memcached being used on a few sites (bittorrent sites to be specific) and the forum browsing on those sites is just an amazing experience.

From Wikipedia:
Memcached is a general-purpose distributed memory caching system that was originally developed by Danga Interactive for LiveJournal, but is now used by many other sites. It is often used to speed up dynamic database-driven websites by caching data and objects in RAM to reduce the number of times an external data source (such as a database or API) must be read.

The system is used by several very large, well-known sites including YouTube, Reddit, Zynga, Facebook and Twitter

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i with mavihs. the administrator needs to be woken up from his day dreams. this is becoming a crap land from one of top forums of India.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check this out :

post bug and error reports at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/130640-tdf-bug-reporting-page.html,

I request all members to post bug and error reports at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/130640-tdf-bug-reporting-page.html, and encourage others to do the same. it will help keep a central repository of bug tracking for me and make it easier to troubleshoot.

It's also a more descriptive title than this one, so hopefully people will find it easily and know what it's for instead of starting new threads.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thread locked. Continue here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/130640-tdf-bug-reporting-page.html

Status
Not open for further replies.