Offline Ubuntu Package Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
By the way adi007 . You can get the cdrom to show up in synaptic by including it in your sources if you were to copy the .deb files directly to a cd or another location . I saw someone on IRC recommend that to someone :)

adi007

Youngling
^^i will try this.Thanks :D
Will it automatically install all the dependencies provided that all the dependencies files are in the CD-ROM or iso file itself:confused::confused:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
once you specify the CDROM to be the source as well , then Ubuntu by default will check the cd rom for the needed files and hence not download it provided the files are on the CD.

praka123

left this forum longback
add,devede(video editor),timidity+freepats(big one!) for midi playback,
well,im on broadband,hope above softies will be liked by others.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
k3b for cd/dvd writing; skype vdo beta; limewire; picasa; adobe web flash; vlc media player

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
envy - thanx to t159 for that ... really helpful for those having ati/nvidia gfx cards ;)

*www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

then these codecs links courtesy qwerty:

find the links in this post:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=667220&postcount=107

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Is there any other way to make packages available to install through apt or synaptic without copying them to /var/cache/apt/archives folder. Lets say package folder is on the desktop(with all dependencies).

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
CadCrazy said:
Is there any other way to make packages available to install through apt or synaptic without copying them to /var/cache/apt/archives folder. Lets say package folder is on the desktop(with all dependencies).
Why would you want to do that?
And it should be possible I believe by changing some configuration file. It surely is possible with portage, in gentoo and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be technically.

See *www.linuxquestions.org/questions/l...-change-the-apt-get-download-location-172198/
You'll just need to make necessary changes in apt.conf file.
There's another solution there too.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
@cadcrazy:best and simple method is u move ur existing /var/cache/apt/ to ur desired location and make a symlink in /var/cache/ dir as
for eg:if your apt-cache is in Desktop
ln -s /home/user/Desktop/mydir /var/cache/apt

yes,u can edit /etc/apt/apt.conf (man 5 apt.conf) also to set apt-cache dir to someother location or partition.but the symlink solution is easy :p

for debian way(dont try it!):
Code:
sudo vim /etc/apt/apt.conf (make apt.conf file)
sudo echo "Dir::Cache "var/cache/apt/";" >> /etc/apt/apt.conf
sudo echo "Dir::Cache::archives "archives/";" >> /etc/apt/apt.conf
where var/cache/apt/ can be replaced by ur directory.
use sudo apt-config dump to see the current apt settings.
2nd options is for to download new cahe to the new directory.
Best is to try 1st way. :)

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
hi
I have ubuntu feisty and AptonCd pre installed so i directly downloaded the Mplayer , Amarock now when i try to open the iso image Apt on gives the following error :

This media was created in an ubuntu gutsy system, and is not suitable for your running system (ubuntu feisty), please add a compatible APTonCD media created in an system like yours.

plz help me to install the softwares on my ubuntu feist

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Extract all the packages from .iso files. Copy all the files to /var/cache/apt/archives folder. Then see if its working. If your system has 512 mb ram then theres no point u should use 7.04,upgrade to 7.10

praka123

left this forum longback
feisty uses old version of glibc.so dont expect those packages using gutsy to work on feisty.u have to get feisty versions.else u have to make deb from source(leave thinking!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom