OFFICIAL words on Compiz + Beryl merge: It IS happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
After several weeks of discussion the leaders of Compiz and Beryl have agreed that the two communities shall reunite. This decision is supported by both David and Quinn and represents the majority decision of the administrators and developers in each community. At this early stage not a lot has been decided, but these are the main points of the agreement...
Read more

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I'm really happy to hear this. Hope they get to iron out old bugs and support few older onboard cards like mine :)

eddie

El mooooo
A sad sad day indeed and very stupid move by Beryl people. The attitude and good will of Compiz people towards Beryl can be seen from this one mail from compiz mailing list
*lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-April/001798.html

Here a few points that Compiz developer and their lead developer feel (take from linked mail)
Mike (one of compiz core devs)- Doesn't really want to merge and just wants to try and get some of their devs.
Reply from David: The lead
I'm sure that by accepting all the beryl community members into the compiz-extra division we're accepting some people that can be really helpful but also a lot of stupid people that we would do much better without.
I seriously don't understand what Beryl is getting out of this deal except losing their commanding position. Compiz guys are not even ready to change project's name while Beryl is losing its complete identity.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
I dont see any fightings!the merger is good.as beryl-plugins etc are available alongwith good compiz-plugins too @ compiz-extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom