Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

jain_pranav

Broken In
Well ya there is an issue with videos..I hope u applied the combine patch which is for videos as well.
I faced only a single problem of white line sometimes.
Otherwise its totally worth it.
Apps & games are running smoothly which used 2 lag before..
also few games like homerun battle 3d,fruit ninja etc. which failed to run previously,i running amazingly well now :)

Overall i'l say worth installing them :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
yep Improvement is there ;)

Also check this out, Gingerbread coming to Spica, Thanks to Leshak as always :D

Android 2.3 Gingerbread for Samsung Spica i5700 v0.1.a2

jain_pranav

Broken In
Well a stable gingerbread will take some time.
But ya sooner or later,Leshak will get us gingerbread :)
Spica would have been boring & half its capacity,if samdroid forums weren't there.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I was reading about the corrupted IMEI no. problem on samdroid , do you guys know the reason that happens ? Any option that i should look for in odin to avoid it ?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@tarey
Never faced that issue, so No idea :-|

-------------------------------------------------------
And there's some Bad news and Good news.

I've sold my Spica :(

and the good news is I've ordered a Desire :D

vulpine

Broken In
Hi guys,
Nice to see this thread come live again....

Well, I used CM 8.1 cooked in Mwayyn(??) 's kitchen
Every thing ws super cooool but touch seemed to be lagging a bit. I think its because of multitouch driver.(Do u guys face it too?? )
And now Im back on samdroid mod which has option for choosing single touch. Now my spica is super snappy but I badly miss CM :(

@Harsha
WoW Congos. How much is it costing you? And how much did spica fetch you?
But did u give a thot about NexusS ??

I've experienced it. My friend who returned frm US recently, bought it. Man! It rocks.
Though i use android. That Gingerbread still impressed me. It looks so pure and awesome.
Im saving up to buy one. It was listed in infibeam for 24K.
Main reason why I love Nexus is you can have updates on your phone the very next day they are released. You need not to be at grace of your manufacturer or developer for the update.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@Vulpine
Sold spica for 8K, with 1GB card, No earphones, No pouch(lost it :p), 3 Months warranty left.

Desire is costing me 22.5K

Regarding Nexus S, nothing is clear about its pricing and availability, Even the infibeam listing is modified now, no sign of price and availability. So, skipped that :)

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Okay Someone please help me with this, I have Spica since long time and I am still on the 2.1 firmware (i570EDDJB2) which Samsung service center guys updated from the stock firmware.
JB2 is sh1tty slow but I never got time to update it. Now I have some time in my hand, so I decided to search Samdroid for some info on installing Canyogen Mod on my Spica, too confused :(.

My head is spinning from so much info there and the prerequisits there, I read that 'LK2.xx with Recovery' is needed to install CyanogenMod. So I decided to check how to get to LK2.xx first.

Its specified that 'You should have any Android 2.1 firmware since JC3' in order to install the LK2.08. How to get my phone on JC3 ? And please inform me if whatever I have understood till now is correct.

I ultimately want to be on the CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.2 and currently I am on samsung's 2.1 with baseband i570EDDJB2.

Help Needed guys !

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
You are already on 2.1 right!!!
Just install LK2.xx and install Cyanogen mod via Recovery, as simple as that :p

----------------------------------------------------
Jokes Apart, First Install this Kernel

LK2.08 for original firmwares - Root (new Superuser), WiFi tether, bb [12.07.2010]

Then Download Cyanogen Mod and copy it to sd card and install that via Recovery. Done :D

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Thx, but what about the warning 'You should have any Android 2.1 firmware since JC3' ? I am on JB2

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ How Sure are you :D. Is there any way I can upgrade to JC3 first before proceeding to installing LK2 ? Cant risk my phone, dont want to buy anything below tegra2 phone next time :D

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hehe Nothing Happens, tried it many times :D
But if you don't want to risk it, better upgrade firmware before doing so ;)

You can upgrade via odin, just download any post JC3 firmware from *www.samfirmware.com/firmwares.htm

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hehe Nothing Happens, tried it many times :D
But if you don't want to risk it, better upgrade firmware before doing so ;)

You can upgrade via odin, just download any post JC3 firmware from Firmwares -

Thx again,
Any thread you can point to which explains the upgrade process ?

How much the region matters when installing firmware, will my provider services work fine if I install Europe firmware ?

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thx again,
Any thread you can point to which explains the upgrade process ?

How much the region matters when installing firmware, will my provider services work fine if I install Europe firmware ?

Ayyo Ayyo just go ahead with Cyanogen Mod man :p

Provider service isn't affected by the firmware region you use. Probably the only change you notice is the change in default language and lack of pre-installed Data Access Points. But don't install Indian Firmware from that list, it is full of Bugs.

Errmm Firmware upgrade process is simple and easy, I think there is a link in that firmware page which explains the process. Look for that pdf file in the above link.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Okay, Downloading the latest firmware from samfirmware + Odin newest version + new Spica.ops file.

After that , I'll go ahead with LK2 installation

then finally Canyogen.

I think I have got it right this time :p

And btw I have latest Keis installed on windows 7 64 bit.

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/756/clipboard01ke.jpg

I have enabled the USB debugging mode in the phone (because without it my phone does not show up in Kies, or in the device manager)

I close Keis before starting so it does not conflict with the process. Right ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom