Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

insaneYLN

In the zone
Is an invite valid globally, or is it region specific? If one of you were to benevolently give me an invite, would I be required to purchase a OnePlus One device only on Amazon India, or can I purchase the device on Amazon UK?
:chinscratch: :ashamed:

Also, for how long is an invite valid?
:unsure:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Is an invite valid globally, or is it region specific? If one of you were to benevolently give me an invite, would I be required to purchase a OnePlus One device only on Amazon India, or can I purchase the device on Amazon UK?
:chinscratch: :ashamed:

Also, for how long is an invite valid?
:unsure:

India specific invites will work for amazon.in only. Invite is valid for 2 days after you've claimed it.

mitraark

Decrepit
Ok, i'll tell my friend to try to buy the OPO tomorrow at 2 PM.

Btw is the invite like a piece of code that needs to be entered into the form on the Amazon OPO page itself ? Can I buy the phone anytime if I have the code?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ok, i'll tell my friend to try to buy the OPO tomorrow at 2 PM.

Btw is the invite like a piece of code that needs to be entered into the form on the Amazon OPO page itself ? Can I buy the phone anytime if I have the code?

First you need to claim a invite which is sent by your friend. Once you claim that invite (Amazon Invite), you will receive another new code, you need to put use this code in Amazon.
you will have 48 hrs to buy the phone once you get the Amazon Invite.

SunE

Professional Newbie
No Dual Sim version now or in the future hopefully. Dev support takes a hit when dual sim phones are concerned.
Now that Android 5.1 officially supports multi SIMs, this might change.

Now I've been using a Nexus 5 since Feb 2014. Ever since the OPO came out, I've been mesmerized by it.What I wanted to ask you guys is that is it worth it to sell my Nexus 5 now and buy a One? Only reason I wanna change is because I'm a huge fan of big screen phones(proud owner of OG Note) and I'm bored with my Nexus. But then again nothing beats the experience of owning a Nexus. So what would you do if you were in my place?

amjath

Human Spambot
Wait for 18 month period (software update cycle), till then new one plus device will be out. Then decide

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Now that Android 5.1 officially supports multi SIMs, this might change.

Now I've been using a Nexus 5 since Feb 2014. Ever since the OPO came out, I've been mesmerized by it.What I wanted to ask you guys is that is it worth it to sell my Nexus 5 now and buy a One? Only reason I wanna change is because I'm a huge fan of big screen phones(proud owner of OG Note) and I'm bored with my Nexus. But then again nothing beats the experience of owning a Nexus. So what would you do if you were in my place?

Nexus 5 is already a powerful phone, so no point in doing that. Had you been upgrading from a previous gen entry level or mid ranger phone, that would've been a different case.

Top Bottom