Official iOS devices thread

tejjammy

Journeyman
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

ok u mean we have to save the SHSH blob to cydia server....
but tinyumbrella saves the SHSH on users HDD ryt?

but the SHSH blob is different for each iOS version?
ex: if users saves SHSH of iOS 4.3.2 then he will need the SHSH saved of the same while updating to iOS 4.3.3?

I guess we wont get a untethered JB on 4.3.5?

Note: for each version we have to save the SHSH so that we can downgrade to that particular version anytime.But in my case I had iOS 4.3.2 & even if I had saved the SHSH blobs for 4.3.2,how wud that saved blob helped me in updating to 4.3.3 (coz I don't have 4.3.3 blobs)?

Cydia Automatically saves your SHSH blobs. Each iOS version has own SHSH blob which can either be saved by you when it is still being signed or cydia does it for you.
4.3.5 wont have untethered as it will hamper with iOS 5 jailbreak.
I suggest you to try iFaith as a last option and see if you have 4.3.3 or lower SHSH saved on cydia and use.
Else last option -> iOS 4.3.5 tetherd :cry:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

^so,cydia saves our SHSH automatically on its server...but I never used WIFI internet on my ipod...so cydia doesn't have my SHSH.

as a last option I will try iFaith..

ok u mean we have to save the SHSH blob to cydia server....
but tinyumbrella saves the SHSH on users HDD ryt?

shsh can be saved on both, ur hdd and cydia server.

but the SHSH blob is different for each iOS version?
ex: if users saves SHSH of iOS 4.3.2 then he will need the SHSH saved of the same while updating to iOS 4.3.3?

you need shsh to revert back to old iOS. For your question, Apple is not signing iOS 4.3.3 anymore.

I guess we wont get a untethered JB on 4.3.5?
nope.

Note: for each version we have to save the SHSH so that we can downgrade to that particular version anytime.But in my case I had iOS 4.3.2 & even if I had saved the SHSH blobs for 4.3.2,how wud that saved blob helped me in updating to 4.3.3 (coz I don't have 4.3.3 blobs)?

that wouldn't help, as Apple is not signing iOS 4.3.3 anymore. However, if you have updated to iOS 4.3.5 and wish to revert to iOS 4.3.2 it would be possible as you have saved shsh blob for iOS 4.3.2. Hope this clear your doubts.

PS: I dont see any reason to update from iOS 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 or 4.3.5. Nothin new except the security bug fix that only fix the jailbreaking bug. I would suggest to stay with iOS 4.3.2 and update to iOS5.0 when its available.

Zangetsu

whats the release date of iOS5?

I guess u didn't get my question...
I know now that Apple is not allowing iOS downgrade(no signing)..

but let me ask in this way..
assume u have iOS4.3.2 installed & SHSH blobs (of 4.3.2) saved in ur HDD...

but after u download iOS 4.3.3 & JB it.
then u will use itune (Shift+Restore click)
so if u use hosts file will it successfully install iOS 4.3.3?

Zangetsu

hmm lot of queries.

sorry guys...for being such as n00b..

now I finally got my answer.

I wud have downloaded 4.3.3 when apple was signing it...so I missed the bus.
now I cannot upgrade to 4.3.3 coz only after its successful installation I can take SHSH blobs backup...

now only choice is 4.3.5.

but is the process of tethered JB same as untethered JB for 4.3.5
coz everytime I switch on my ipod i have to JB it.also will cydia run on 4.3.5 tethered JB?

sorry guys...for being such as n00b..

now I finally got my answer.

I wud have downloaded 4.3.3 when apple was signing it...so I missed the bus.
now I cannot upgrade to 4.3.3 coz only after its successful installation I can take SHSH blobs backup...

now only choice is 4.3.5.

but is the process of tethered JB same as untethered JB for 4.3.5
coz everytime I switch on my ipod i have to JB it.also will cydia run on 4.3.5 tethered JB?

Yeah, you miss the bus :cry:

To switch on/boot your iPod you need to use tethered tool to do this. Everything else remains the same. Its just to switch on your iPod/iPhone.

Cydia working well with iOS 4.3.5/iOS5.0 beta. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Is there any way I can install iOS newer than 4.2.1 in my 2nd Gen iPod Touch :?:

I miss the new OS's and will probably miss iOS 5

tejjammy

Journeyman

whats the release date of iOS5?

I guess u didn't get my question...
I know now that Apple is not allowing iOS downgrade(no signing)..

but let me ask in this way..
assume u have iOS4.3.2 installed & SHSH blobs (of 4.3.2) saved in ur HDD...

but after u download iOS 4.3.3 & JB it.
then u will use itune (Shift+Restore click)
so if u use hosts file will it successfully install iOS 4.3.3?

Editing of host files is useful only if Cydia has ur shsh backups. You cannot goto 4.3.3 with blob of 4.3.2. Each blob is unique for each device and each iOS version.
You can goto 4.3.2 without any problems. With tethered boot, you will need a pc with the necessary tool(redsn0w) to boot tethered.

Haven't you used Cydia with wifi even once? Even if u use once it requests apple server and saves on It's server.

iOS 5 is expected in Fall ie. Sept.
Better go for painfree 4.3.2 as all 4.3.x minor releases dont have much differences.

One more thing I forgot mention is that Cydia gets the shsh blobs from apple server without you actually needing to upgrade to that firmware. In my case I got with 4.1 I upgraded and jailbreak on the first day itself with 4.2.1 and now on 4.3.1 but Cydia has blobs for me from 4.2.1 to 4.3.5 including 4.3 beta releases with the exception being 4.3.4. So I'd suggest you to make use of this feature in near future :)
Try iFaith and finally 4.3.5.
This is a lesson for all fellow iOS users that how important it is to save ur blobs :-D

Zangetsu

update:Downloaded iOS 4.3.5 but still I am getting the same 3194 error...
what now???

tejjammy

Journeyman

update:Downloaded iOS 4.3.5 but still I am getting the same 3194 error...
what now???

Check your hosts file. Remove any modification to gs.apple.com and check google for possible solutions.
All the best for your ultimate quest. ;-)

Zangetsu

there are two entries
#74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Zangetsu

Finally got successful install of iOS4.3.5...that saved me making a trip to Apple Care Center...gosh...

but its now factory settings in 4.3.5 & isn't JB..
which shud I use redsnow or snowbreeze?any other

also when I click the save SHSH in tiny umbrella the log files displays messages
as u can't restore firmware for 4.3.3 & 4.X.X sorry it way too late....
but I didn't see any confirmation that my SHSH for 4.3.5 is saved on cydia server or HDD?

Finally got successful install of iOS4.3.5...that saved me making a trip to Apple Care Center...gosh...

but its now factory settings in 4.3.5 & isn't JB..
which shud I use redsnow or snowbreeze?any other

also when I click the save SHSH in tiny umbrella the log files displays messages
as u can't restore firmware for 4.3.3 & 4.X.X sorry it way too late....
but I didn't see any confirmation that my SHSH for 4.3.5 is saved on cydia server or HDD?

use which one looks easier to use (redsnow or snowbreeze).

It will display the log error as you haven't updated to iOS 4.3.3 and iOS4.3.4 to save .shsh blob.

You can check if your shsh is saved on cydia, by using tiny umbrella. The .shsh folder should also be created in documents, or user folder. check that.

Zangetsu

You can check if your shsh is saved on cydia, by using tiny umbrella. The .shsh folder should also be created in documents, or user folder. check that.

yes a folder is there but its empty :neutral:...
& there is no message in log file like "saved successfully.."

Btw any of u tried iOS 5 beta build?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Guys, I was playing Stick Cricket and managed to score 50 with Sachin Tendulkar :D

Beleive me it's very difficult to score 50 in a 5 over Stick Cricket match :wink:
*i.imgur.com/qKZ35.png

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

^settings>general>usage>battery percentage
how to play lan multiplayer between two devices by making one of them hotspot? fren and I got identical devices, he got wifi hotspot, mine dont have option, how?

Top Bottom