Official iOS devices thread

re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

My 4.3.3 is jailbreaked for only one reason : MUFC theme :p .

I think the 4.3.4 JB came out ! Not Sure !

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

@terabyte think I have the answer to that using a pre 4.2.1 device as well as a 4.2.3 device (both pods not phones), looks like apple tries to predict how long the device can be used in its current operating state, which changes between games, surfing the web, using stanza (diff with a black screen and a white screen), and other uses... the later versions of the OS does seem to hurry with a phenomenal drop in battery life after the first 1-2 hours of use (use it straight for forty mins and it gets cut to almost half), but importantly, the battery life springs upwards if you switch from say minigore (cpu intensive) to s.deadbeef (low footprint) and despite the increased battery low promts it seems to hold out for as long as the pre 2.1 devices
if you are just listening to music tho, none of these prolems occur, you guiz noticed any other patterns?
this was a problem on older versions of the os as well, and is a classic example of overengineering, where a simple and direct battery life representation would have sufficed, these guys have put in a complex system that troubles the user more, ive seen a ton of phones with this particular prolem

some things I wouldnt blv about the softpedia article - battery life lasting for 10 days in airplane mode, (donno if this woiks on the phone, but im skeptical), and the prolem cant possibly be multitasking as it affects the older devices as well

chintan786

In the zone

I have installed cyndia on my iphone. So if I want to upgrade to 4.3.5 do i need to remove this or can continue with it.

Regards,

Chintan

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@chintan

Just plug your iPhone start up iTunes click update and you are set :D
You dont have to do anything other than re-jailbreaking it :wink:

^Have you read this?
yes I did :D :wink:
@terabyte think I have the answer to that using a pre 4.2.1 device as well as a 4.2.3 device (both pods not phones), looks like apple tries to predict how long the device can be used in its current operating state, which changes between games, surfing the web, using stanza (diff with a black screen and a white screen), and other uses... the later versions of the OS does seem to hurry with a phenomenal drop in battery life after the first 1-2 hours of use (use it straight for forty mins and it gets cut to almost half), but importantly, the battery life springs upwards if you switch from say minigore (cpu intensive) to s.deadbeef (low footprint) and despite the increased battery low promts it seems to hold out for as long as the pre 2.1 devices
if you are just listening to music tho, none of these prolems occur, you guiz noticed any other patterns?
this was a problem on older versions of the os as well, and is a classic example of overengineering, where a simple and direct battery life representation would have sufficed, these guys have put in a complex system that troubles the user more, ive seen a ton of phones with this particular prolem

some things I wouldnt blv about the softpedia article - battery life lasting for 10 days in airplane mode, (donno if this woiks on the phone, but im skeptical), and the prolem cant possibly be multitasking as it affects the older devices as well

This seems to be my problem :(

The Device (iPod Touch) gets so so hot during Wi-Fi app download that it becomes difficult to hold it.
I use in airplane mode , disable all kinds of location service, push mail, etc etc etc but only a minor improvement which is just about NEGLIGIBLE :mad:

I just dont know why Apple ignore their customers like this. Many people in different forums have posted that they sent iPod's and iPhones for a battery change via Apple Store. Apple return it bluntly saying the battery is fine.
I have even read people who buy a iPod Touch battery from sites like eBAY and replace with a 3rd party but still it doesnt help

Looks like iOS 4.x.x is a CRAP piece of software. As crap as its unrealistic pricing for 8 GB devices without even a memory card slot :mad:

Is there no way I can re-install 3.1.3 (without JB) ?

@chintan

Just plug your iPhone start up iTunes click update and you are set :D
You dont have to do anything other than re-jailbreaking it :wink:

yes I did :D :wink:

This seems to be my problem :(

The Device (iPod Touch) gets so so hot during Wi-Fi app download that it becomes difficult to hold it.
I use in airplane mode , disable all kinds of location service, push mail, etc etc etc but only a minor improvement which is just about NEGLIGIBLE :mad:

I just dont know why Apple ignore their customers like this. Many people in different forums have posted that they sent iPod's and iPhones for a battery change via Apple Store. Apple return it bluntly saying the battery is fine.
I have even read people who buy a iPod Touch battery from sites like eBAY and replace with a 3rd party but still it doesnt help

Looks like iOS 4.x.x is a CRAP piece of software. As crap as its unrealistic pricing for 8 GB devices without even a memory card slot :mad:

Is there no way I can re-install 3.1.3 (without JB) ?

I am using iOS 4.3.2 and didn't get enough time to keep updating iOS. No issues with the iPod touch using wifi, I usually play street fighter 4 volt for 2-3 hours online and my battery doesn't get hot or any drainage issues. I think there is some problem with your iPod touch and would suggest to update iOS to remove Jailbreak and go to apple store.

You cant reinstall 3.1.3 without JB and shsh blob saved files I guess.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

dreatica said:
PS: stop using crap themes like you mentioned earlier. Do remove the theme and test your iPod before getting it serviced.
Well the worst part is that the default black theme of iOS 3 is my theme in iOS 4.2.1.,
Thats why I was aksing theme (how to apply)
There isnt an option anywhere in the iPod for themes.

A bit of Googling revealed that only device having capacity of more than 8 GB gets to use all features of iOS 4.2.x
I dont even have multitasking(or taskmanager)
dreatica said:
I am using iOS 4.3.2 and didn't get enough time to keep updating iOS. No issues with the iPod touch using wifi, I usually play street fighter 4 volt for 2-3 hours online and my battery doesn't get hot or any drainage issues. I think there is some problem with your iPod touch and would suggest to update iOS to remove Jailbreak and go to apple store.
I havent jailbroken my iPod yet

is your iPod 3rd gen, 4th gen or 2nd gen? It has a camera?

I always keep my iPod in AIRPLANE MODE. Low brightness(around 15%)

It gets very very hot when I download anything with Wi-FI. And when I use any app...its just SUCKS away batttery life :cry:

Please help!

Also, check if you are using cydia, how many addons hv you installed. Post here if you are using any. This can be an addon issue which keep running in background using intensive CPU usage.

Remember always use addons from trusted repos else there are some repos which will make your iPod experience like hell.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Guys my current version is 4.3.2 if I install 4.3.4 then will all my songs,apps,games will be removed???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Guys my current version is 4.3.2 if I install 4.3.4 then will all my songs,apps,games will be removed???

Nopes. It will be swiftly resoted. Even the game save files will be there. Everything will be there unless you chose to set up "as new device"

Well the worst part is that the default black theme of iOS 3 is my theme in iOS 4.2.1.,
Thats why I was aksing theme (how to apply)
There isnt an option anywhere in the iPod for themes.

A bit of Googling revealed that only device having capacity of more than 8 GB gets to use all features of iOS 4.2.x
I dont even have multitasking(or taskmanager)
I havent jailbroken my iPod yet

is your iPod 3rd gen, 4th gen or 2nd gen? It has a camera?

Ya, that theme comment was from someone else. You can apply theme by jailbreaking your iPod, go to cydia and add some good repos and search for themes. Quite easy to add and remove. There is no theme option in iPod until you jailbreak it.

There is nothing like 8gb has less features as compared to higher models with iPod touch 4. What is your current iPod version ? I guess you are using an old version of iPod.

I am using iPod 4g 32gb and I keep running iPod with wifi for 4-5 hours every day to steam movies, play games etc and my battery life ends in 2 days with 4-5 hours usage every day.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

dreatica said:
There is nothing like 8gb has less features as compared to higher models with iPod touch 4. What is your current iPod version ? I guess you are using an old version of iPod.
There is :(
I unknowlingly bought a 2nd gen 8 gb. It was preloaded with 3.1.3 so I thought it was 3rd
gen :(

dreatica said:
Ya, that theme comment was from someone else. You can apply theme by jailbreaking your iPod, go to cydia and add some good repos and search for themes. Quite easy to add and remove. There is no theme option in iPod until you jailbreak it.
Well the iPod is in warranty so I wont do it.

dreatica said:
I am using iPod 4g 32gb and I keep running iPod with wifi for 4-5 hours every day to steam movies, play games etc and my battery life ends in 2 days with 4-5 hours usage every day.
Thats why.
Just see this for the limits of 2nd gen :(
iOS4 on iPod Touch 2nd generation :: The shades of an upgrade | Radu Cotescu's professional blog

thanx,

are there any animated icons apple theme...???

there are many, I love Live OS theme.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

There is :(
I unknowlingly bought a 2nd gen 8 gb. It was preloaded with 3.1.3 so I thought it was 3rd
gen :(

Well the iPod is in warranty so I wont do it.

Thats why.
Just see this for the limits of 2nd gen :(
iOS4 on iPod Touch 2nd generation :: The shades of an upgrade | Radu Cotescu's professional blog

Oh, earlier models do have limitations with the current iOS. :(

I wrote about iPod 4g. I know the limits of iPod 2nd gen. that was my first PMP device. You probably shouldn't have updated to iOS 4. I guess you havent jb so no point asking if you have saved your shsh blobs to return to iOS 3.x.x I guess like the tutorial below :

*www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-ios-4-iphone-3gs-3g-and-ipod-touch-to-iphone-3.1.3-3.1.2-how-to-guide/

The only solution I see is to visit Apple store for servicing.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

@Zangetsu I am also using Live OS and others, you can give a shot.
[YOUTUBE]TvpQq8ZsMlE[/YOUTUBE]

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

thanx dreatica & nightmare for info.

guys when iphone 3G was launched then I saw in its TV AD...there some snow kart race was shown as gaming which game was that do u remember???its graphics was good.

Top Bottom