Official Android discussion thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah I too read the review of i5800...everything is positive except the display..its snappy..have divx support...

But y did wildfire and i5800 have poor resolution screen which would not be compatible with many softwares too:-?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yaah I too read the review of i5800...everything is positive except the display..its snappy..have divx support...

But y did wildfire and i5800 have poor resolution screen which would not be compatible with many softwares too:-?

Software compatibility is not an issue with Eclair and higher OS. Since 2.0, Android, apps should be compatible to any screen resolution.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I think its better than Wildfire?

yes. it is (except in camera department)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
There is a firmware update of SE X10 to 1.0.16....It wont upgrade the Android...
Just some performance fixes and More Ram is free now...keyboard is also fixed

That was a month ago. 4 updates have already made their way. :p
The latest update updates it to 1.0.31.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

If you want proper screen resolution at an affordable price you have to look at the X8. Should be available same time as the i5800.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Still, as far as resolution and pixels density goes it’s low for a 3.2” screen. We’re not saying it’s not usable – it is. But pixelisation is especially visible in text and that doesn’t do the software justice – it looks like text in a compressed, downscaled image rather than the sharp look of natively rendered text.
this is from Gsmarena.com....I think its bad for I5800

Sorry dreamcatcher I didnt know there were soo many updates already:p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
this is from Gsmarena.com....I think its bad for I5800

Sorry dreamcatcher I didnt know there were soo many updates already:p

yes. it's pathetic to see these manufacturers going for cheap quality displays to make consumers go for high end overpriced android phones. Some have too low resolution and some have peanut sized RAM. I have a feeling that Samsung Wave or Nokia X6 or C6 will be lot better buy than any of these sub 20k android phones. The X6's package is awesome. Free turn-by-turn voice navigation, car charge and mounting kit, quality headset, 16gig internal memory.

It's better to have an older UI with a great overall package than to have a great UI with sucky package that negate the UI's brilliance.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah X6 as a package is better then wildfire and i5800 in sub 15k range

Samsung Wave is great device but still there is very little activity going on for Bada OS...donno if it will remain like a feature phone...

Howz Moto Backflip?

din

Tribal Boy
Decision changes in a day lol

Alright. An uncle joins the Android users group but with a much criticized phone, yes it is an HTC Wildfire!

Enough reviews already there I guess and not too good technically (myself), but I will sure post my experience, mostly on a non-tech point of view.

Now somebody welcome me officially to the club ;) lol

sujoyp

Grand Master
Welcome unclejee:lol:

hey no one is younger or older here...there r experts and noobs only in tech world;-)

U r getting wildfire?? give us review soon:grin:

din

Tribal Boy
lol ok, thank you.

I bought it on Saturday. Could not get time to explore it, will do this week and will post my experience. Going to check some gps apps as well.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Welcome unclejee:lol:

hey no one is younger or older here...there r experts and noobs only in tech world;-)

U r getting wildfire?? give us review soon:grin:

you forgot another very very important batch. fanboys :)

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

lol ok, thank you.

I bought it on Saturday. Could not get time to explore it, will do this week and will post my experience. Going to check some gps apps as well.

congrats fellow-uncle :)

HellwratH

Right off the assembly line
Sony Ericsson launched X8 in India? Interesting!!!
Sony Ericsson India Launches Xperia X8 < Mobile Phones < PC World India News < PC World.in

EDIT: With 1.6? What a bummer! Sigh.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Sony Ericsson launched X8 in India? Interesting!!!
Sony Ericsson India Launches Xperia X8 < Mobile Phones < PC World India News < PC World.in

EDIT: With 1.6? What a bummer! Sigh.

actually, I would rather pick this phone (X8) and get 2.1 update in a month instead of picking Samsung i5800 or HTC Wildfire and live with low quality display till end of time (unless SE places X8 above 18k) :)

X8 comes with same resolution that HTC Legend comes with.

NazarHusayne

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
Got a bit confused after wildfire is launched.It is a boasting phone with gr8 features but whackin n disappointing display:cry:.Now if HTC is goin guns with phones above 25K , IT got to add some fire to the phones in 15K-20K segment.Hope someone sheds some light on good android phones with good display within 20K .Samsung Galaxy has become history now in market coz im not findin it any where.Pointers regd above wud be appreciated:?

Top Bottom