Official Android discussion thread

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ dreamcatcher

X10 is undoubtedly an amazing phone.
But dude the point here is u jst start comparing every phone with X10.
There are loads of phone which are good.
So i guess itz better v discuss d pros n cons of the phone rather than comparing every phone with X10.
Nothing in my post is to offend but jst to state what is everyone feeling.
I hope u gt my point.
Peace :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Htc legend is d baap of all phones..
Truly amazing..
Bt i read in thinkdigit news tht itz launching for 37k in india.
I think you might be referring to the Desire and not the Legend.

Dear God! Not again!
That is my bad, I should have seen that coming when I put forth that question.
Compare the features with say,An Xperia and you shall know. Feature wise it is closer to the X10 mini which uses the same processor,the same amount of Ram, almost the same resolution and shall retail for 11k-12k less. Android 2.1 or a former version doesnt count because Android doesnt have any licensing fees.
The Legend is supposed to be a replacement for the Hero. I believe the catch phrase is "A Hero becomes a Legend." Either way I doubt whether the Legend was meant to compete with the X10 but since you put it that way I'm going to just question a few of your points.

Do you have an AMOLED Screen ? Almost the Same resolution doesn't mean it has the same resolution.
Do you have 2.1 ? Like I asked before , Point me to a official source claiming the timeline for the 2.1 release . Thanks
Do you have Multi Touch ? Or at least Multi Touch capable hardware? (According to a official source?)
Android 2.1 or a former version doesnt count because Android doesnt have any licensing fees.
Although Android may not impose a licensing fee on it, the google tools which are bundled with it do possess a licensing fee on it. Its the same reason the company sent Cyanogen a notice to refrain from distributing Google Apps with this custom ROM. Or at least thats how I recall it was.
Ye, a phone which is topping charts in Japan and the Uk is a f***ed phone. Dunno if to laugh or pity your insecurity.
Please point me to these ratings. Definitely would be a worthwhile read and something to blog about.

In the end of the day there are people who have varied opinions about the X10. Some are going to like it and some are not. You say its a godly phone and I say its not. Its the same reason I ask everyone to try out a phone before sinking that much money into it. If possible use it for a day or more. You have varied taste than kalpik or me or someone else. Although you may like the X10 there are quite a few which would rather be stabbed than having that phone. So lets try not to impose on one another. If you like the X10 good for you. If you like the Legend that's swell too. But on the record my htc Magic is the King of All Phones (MWUAHAHAHAHA j/k) :)

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*bcnranking.jp/category/subcategory_0010.html Ratings in Japan. Uk ratings are kinda hard to come by.Cant seem to locate the article any longer.

red dragon

Master troll
*bcnranking.jp/category/subcategory_0010.html Ratings in Japan. Uk ratings are kinda hard to come by.Cant seem to locate the article any longer.
That rating is a joke,oh man!!!Do you really think that was a proper rating?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
All i can say is LOOOOOL! I pity your ignorance.. Like they say, ignorance is bliss!

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Umm.. I can say the same for you Kalpik.Gimme a proper reason as to why you dont find this rating relevant enough?i am sure you wont have any.

kalpik

Well, for starters, i don't even understand what the frigging website is trying to say! It might as well be a list of the top ten shittiest phones in the world :/

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Theres an option named translate. I however, can understand your frustration.2 more months waiting for the desire. :lol:

kalpik

^^ I can't find the translate option.. Even if i translate the page, it does not prove that the site is credible..

And please don't worry about me getting the Desire, I have other ways.. And you don't need to worry about my concerns..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Theres an option named translate. I however, can understand your frustration.2 more months waiting for the desire.
Well Google translate and Babelfish are having a very hard time translating so if you find an English version of the ranking list let me know. Oh by the way don't blame Kalpik about the credibility of that Ranking List. Here's a direct Translation of the Fifth best Phone in Japan

*Insert DrumRoll Here*
Are you telling me this piece of %^#$%$#@% is the fifth best phone in Japan. No offence but if that's the fifth best phone then you just insulted the Xperia on a scale which cannot be comprehended.

Also you don't really need to wait for 2 months for the Desire there are many ways to get it before that. I'm thinking that Kalpik is also weighing his other options and being a wise consumer which is what 30k make people usually. Not to mention he has a nice phone already.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Ive found a Cellphone ranking with most of the latest phones in it. Not sure if they are biased or not so please don't take it as a definite authority. However it should help anyone to make a decision on the phone they want :) .

CellPhone Ranking by TestFreaks

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The best selling phone in India is the 1200. How does it make a difference? Not everyone can afford a Porsche. Theres a reason why low level phones exist. Anyways, seems like the x10 is outselling the Desire everywhere. :lol:.People who wanted the Desire are ending up with the x10. :lol:

Anyways..enough crap.Anyone know any proper apps for playing xvid files?Tried yxplayer. Its crap.Stutters like a polio patient on steroids. Anything else?
Also, anyone in need of an advanced keyboard can consider "Betterkeyboard". Its available in the Market for free.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Eh?It isnt? My X10 came preloaded with one.I assumed its free.
Btw, i am having a few problems with my X10. The apps wont work over an edge connection. They work fine over wifi.The browser works seamlessly over both. Am i missing something?

red dragon

Master troll
@dreamcatcher,there is no bug free xvid player in the android market.Are you using vodafone`s edge ?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
My Spica plays them out of the box(Divx/Xvid),
X10, one of the Japan's top rated phone(as stated above) isn't able to do that :p

Should I conclude My spica is better than X10

Just kidding ;)

kalpik

^^ Yeah, according to dreamcatcher's logic, yes, your phone is better than X10.

sachitgul

Journeyman
@dreamcatcher,there is no bug free xvid player in the android market.Are you using vodafone`s edge ?

even im using Vodafone...
issues with EDGE..

my phone show that i am on HUTCH network instead of Vodafone..
also i got a service message that that Vodafone Live! is activated when i messaged Vodafone to activate it..

hell i dont even have GPRS..
nothing..

also in mobile network type it shows GPRS instead of EDGE..
it was EDGE a week ago..

damn..
what should i do??

im living in Mumbai..