Nvidia RTX 2060 Founders edition or zotac 2060

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)
Ans:GTA 5, AC Odyssey, origins, metro Exodus and upcoming games.

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:seasonic 520 watts

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans:35000

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans: full hd 1080p

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans:core i5 6500, 16gb ddr4 ram, 1tb hard disk. Guys which RTX 2060 is better among two. Nvidia one looks better.zotac provide 5years warranty. Which one is better in terms of quality.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I personally prefer Zotac simply because of the extended warranty. My last card was a Zotac 970 and my current is a Zotac 1070.

Qualitywise, Zotac cards are no slouch.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Quality wise Nvidia FE is better. Better cooling system and build quality. But you'll have a hard time disassembling it if you need to.

Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 AMP 6 GB Review

Just like the Founders Edition, ZOTAC uses a dual-slot cooler design that is slightly shorter than the FE. It seems the chosen thermal solution is a little bit weak for the heat, reaching noise levels of 40 dBA in gaming, which is a ton more than the 32 dBA we measured on the Founders Edition. The situation is made worse by the aggressive fan profile on the card, which seems to focus on lowering temperatures. With 72°C under load, the card runs just as warm as the Founders Edition, but is much noisier at the same time, which is clear evidence that the FE comes with a more powerful thermal solution. It would have been a better choice for ZOTAC's card to allow higher temperatures but with lower fan noise, especially since the Founders Edition is already very quiet, and the high noise levels could be a dealbreaker for some. Just like the Founders Edition, the ZOTAC RTX 2060 AMP lacks the fan-stop feature that turns off the card's fans completely in idle and during light gaming for a perfect noise-free experience. With 29 dBA, idle noise levels are alright, but slightly audible, and the Founders Edition is quieter.

OP
sudhir_3193

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
Warranty is deal breaker in case of graphics card as they fail very fast. I think I should go with zotac one.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Warranty is deal breaker in case of graphics card as they fail very fast. I think I should go with zotac one.
Go with this Zotac RTX 2060:Buy ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 Twin Fan ZT-T20600F-10M at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

OP
sudhir_3193

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
Hey guys will this RTX 2060 super will be supported by my system due to seasonic 520 watts only. I think Intel core i5 6500 will be a bottleneck.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
RTX 2060 has 160W TDP, RTX 2060 Super has 175W so your PSU is fine. Not sure know about the bottleneck part.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^TDP is not equal to actual power consumption,for that one needs to look at detailed reviews.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^^TDP is not equal to actual power consumption,for that one needs to look at detailed reviews.
I saw the videos from Gamer Nexus, Paul Hardware and Linus Tech. The power draw was within 165W for 2060 Super, and didnt even reach 175W. The power consumption does cross 175W for RTX 2060. The recommended PSU power is 550W on the official nVidia site but been seeing over reddit, people are using 550W even with RTX 2070 which has same 175W TDP.

Edit - @sudhir_3193
checkout the power consumption of rtx2060 super. GPU NEWS Channel

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh! I missed that,anyway it's more of a common statement(e.g.in case of processors,many times actual power consumption is much more than stated tdp) so one should mention the source as actual reviews for clarification else one may think tdp equals power consumption for all cases.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Oh! I missed that,anyway it's more of a common statement(e.g.in case of processors,many times actual power consumption is much more than stated tdp) so one should mention the source as actual reviews for clarification else one may think tdp equals power consumption for all cases.
I didn't know this about processors. I thought the TDP mentioned is always the maximum power draw when the processor is not overclocked. I was looking at the Seasonic Wattage Calculator and it showed 382W under load for a intel i5-6500 with RTX2060 + other hardwares. Recommended was 432W with a note saying system may draw more power than displayed units during synthetic benchmarks.
How can we make sure the PSU is adequate to power the system under full load? Or we should avoid running some certain benchmarks?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't know this about processors. I thought the TDP mentioned is always the maximum power draw when the processor is not overclocked. I was looking at the Seasonic Wattage Calculator and it showed 382W under load for a intel i5-6500 with RTX2060 + other hardwares. Recommended was 432W with a note saying system may draw more power than displayed units during synthetic benchmarks.
How can we make sure the PSU is adequate to power the system under full load? Or we should avoid running some certain benchmarks?
Hence the need for reading detailed reviews before finalizing psu. The Intel 9th Gen Review: Core i9-9900K, Core i7-9700K and Core i5-9600K Tested
By Intel’s own definitions, the TDP is an indicator of the cooling performance required for a processor to maintain its base frequency. In this case, if a user can only cool 95W, they can expect to realistically get only 3.6 GHz on a shiny new Core i9-9900K. That magic TDP value does not take into account any turbo values, even if the all-core turbo (such as 4.7 GHz in this case) is way above that 95W rating.

OP
sudhir_3193

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
Hi guys finally purchased zotac RTX 2060 super mini for 34k from Vishal peripherals, CTC, parklane Hyderabad. I will post the pictures later. Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Good price & good card.Don't forget to register the card on zotac India site within 28 days of purchase to get extra 3 years warranty & save the email reply from zotac(may take 3-4 weeks) as that email is must for any future rma.

OP
sudhir_3193

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
Good price & good card.Don't forget to register the card on zotac India site within 28 days of purchase to get extra 3 years warranty & save the email reply from zotac(may take 3-4 weeks) as that email is must for any future rma.
Sure bro, thanks for reminding.

OP
sudhir_3193

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
Guys I am having some issues regarding zotac extended warranty scheme. I registered my graphics card and immediately recieved auto generated email regarding registration confirmation. Now my question is will I receive any more emails regarding date upto which warranty is offered or anything else.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys I am having some issues regarding zotac extended warranty scheme. I registered my graphics card and immediately recieved auto generated email regarding registration confirmation. Now my question is will I receive any more emails regarding date upto which warranty is offered or anything else.
There is supposed to be an email from zotac which is also supposed to come late(not sure if things have changed & this auto-generated email is the same one but I doubt this is same).
How much can I sell my old stuff for?

OP
sudhir_3193

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
There is supposed to be an email from zotac which is also supposed to come late(not sure if things have changed & this auto-generated email is the same one but I doubt this is same).
How much can I sell my old stuff for?
Thanks I will wait for zotac second email.