Nvidia Official Forceware 177.83 & PhysX Pack Released !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Nvidia has just released the Official Forceware 177.83 drivers for Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, and Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit. These drivers are only for GeForce 8, 9 and 200 series graphics cards, and aside from several fixes, importantly they include full support for GPU-based PhysX on the above graphics cards, courtesy of the included 8.08.01 PhysX drivers which are part of this Forceware package.

To allow you to experiment with the new GPU-accelerated PhysX capabilities, Nvidia has also released the PhysX Pack, a set of games and tech demos which support PhysX and highlight its benefits. The pack also contains the full Unreal Tournament 3 PhysX Mod Pack, since UT3 supports additional PhysX-based levels which GeForce 8, 9 and 200 series owners can now access.

hyde

Broken In
But on the website it still says (GeForce Release 175 WHQL Version:175.19 Release Date: July 9, 2008

Confused..

OP
Who

Who

Guess Who's Back
yeah well main site has yet to be updated , UK nvidia is already updated & the links i provided are from Nvidia.com

*www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Just tried it... freakin awesome.. was running the hacked 177.39 + PhysX earlier... this one completely trumps everything.. UT3 PhysX Mod is playing over 110 FPS at 1680x1050 Ultra Quality settings...

hyde

Broken In
The driver is not for 8 series....after installing my screen resolution was 640x480 px. Ultimately I had to rollback the drivers.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^
Nvidia has just released the Official Forceware 177.83 drivers for Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, and Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit. These drivers are only for GeForce 8, 9 and 200 series graphics cards, and aside from several fixes, importantly they include full support for GPU-based PhysX on the above graphics cards, courtesy of the included 8.08.01 PhysX drivers which are part of this Forceware package

hope you got your answer

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i really dont get u ..

r u saying yes or no ??

if yes ... i would like to comment that there is been a problem for long that nvidia doesnt support mobile ( laptop ) cards...

if no then i would like to comment ....

is it only for cards having physx ???

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^i suppose mobile platforms dont have this feature.but then if it's a driver u could give it a shot when it comes in digit coz u not gonna seriously think of playing games like crysis on ur lappy do u?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
dude ... i have 8600m GT on my lappy and just finished crysis ..... it runs awesome...

playing assasins creed ... now ...

hyde

Broken In
Nvidia has just released the Official Forceware 177.83 drivers for Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, and Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit. These drivers are only for GeForce 8, 9 and 200 series graphics cards, and aside from several fixes, importantly they include full support for GPU-based PhysX on the above graphics cards, courtesy of the included 8.08.01 PhysX drivers which are part of this Forceware package.

To allow you to experiment with the new GPU-accelerated PhysX capabilities, Nvidia has also released the PhysX Pack, a set of games and tech demos which support PhysX and highlight its benefits. The pack also contains the full Unreal Tournament 3 PhysX Mod Pack, since UT3 supports additional PhysX-based levels which GeForce 8, 9 and 200 series owners can now access.

yeah well main site has yet to be updated , UK nvidia is already updated & the links i provided are from Nvidia.com

*www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

The Forceware 177.83 is in Beta state. Nvidia didnot release the drivers as Official Drivers for 8Series and above Cards. Guys be careful installing the driver coz it corrupted my Video drivers.:mad:

*www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

OP
Who

Who

Guess Who's Back
LOL , did you check the links , it has stated nvidia.com , those are WHQL drivers & i had no problems with them as many others but you have made a accustation on me because you are so stupid & can't use driver cleaner before installing new drivers , anyway guys this forum has so stupid as hyde that it makes me wonder why do i post here.

Anyway those are links provided by Nvidia.com , all are WHQL certified & other members who have installed them, please explain this "smart man" that these are WHQL & work perfectly.

anispace

dattebayo
has anyone tried running those Physx demos. My cpu usage shoots upto 100% when running those. Isnt this new Physx driver supposed to use the GPU for the physics acceleration. So why is my cpu getting bogged down? Or Is it due to my ancient P4 3Ghz+geforce 8400gs combo?

any1 else notice this?

hyde

Broken In
LOL , did you check the links , it has stated nvidia.com , those are WHQL drivers & i had no problems with them as many others but you have made a accustation on me because you are so stupid & can't use driver cleaner before installing new drivers , anyway guys this forum has so stupid as hyde that it makes me wonder why do i post here.

Anyway those are links provided by Nvidia.com , all are WHQL certified & other members who have installed them, please explain this "smart man" that these are WHQL & work perfectly.

I just shared my view after checking out the nvidia website. Atleast you should do your homework before coming to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom