Nvidia Drivers causing log off/switch user problems

Drumminggeek

Broken In
Hey guys,
my desktop at home was "upgraded" to Win7 Ultimate 32bit last week. Since I installed the latest nvidia drivers for my GTX260 card(ver 306 i think..) the logoff and switch user functions result in the screen turning off after around 3 seconds, with a "no signal" message. The cabinet lights remain on (no HDD light) and I have to hold down the power button on the cabinet to shut it down, although my shutdown and other features work perfectly:mrgreen:I decided to do a clean boot with the trusty old msconfig and found that the nvidia display drivers caused the problem. There is no logging off/switching issue when the drivers are uninstalled or when in Safe mode. I uninstalled the drivers, cleaned again with Driver Sweeper, and reinstalled...to no avail:cry:Any ideas? Thanks

OP
D

Drumminggeek

Broken In
the 295.something version was very stable. try it.
Thanks. It worked :) I think the drivers from ver300.xx onwards have slight issues with my PC. The tray icon process in my task manager (nvtray.exe) never stopped even though I stopped it from the manager as well as the Nvidia CP. Now no problems at all :) Thanks again:)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
no problem.. good to know it helped :)

even my pc had problems with 300 series. FIFA12 used to get laggy. i used that 295version till i bought the hd7770

Top Bottom