note or htc one x

pritamk

Broken In
hey

I have finally decided to buy galaxy note. But sometimes i feel i should go for htc one x. but i m not going for it because it supports only microsim, costs 4-5 k more and some bad reviews i read about it. I will be using the phone for watching HD movies, playing HD games and browsing web. I will be buying the phone in next two weeks. Is htc one x worth 4-5 k extra So if you guys can help me choose the right phone.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Go for the Note for your requirements. The bigger the screen the better the experience.

aroraanant

Explorer
Both are very good phones.
The minimum price for note was around 29.5k where as for One X was 32-32.5k but right now it is difficult to get them at these prices, still the difference in their cost is 2k.
Note is too big sometimes it gets difficult to fit in jeans pocket, I suggest you to get One X.
But still I am saying both are good.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
October end it is!
And for India maybe November.

Price should be slightly higher than SGS3. So 35k+ for sure and the weakening rupee doesn't help either.

rider

as Kratos
Wait for price down of galaxy note! I used one of my friend and it fits easily on jeans.

Both are very good phones.
The minimum price for note was around 29.5k where as for One X was 32-32.5k but right now it is difficult to get them at these prices, still the difference in their cost is 2k.
Note is too big sometimes it gets difficult to fit in jeans pocket, I suggest you to get One X.
But still I am saying both are good.

where is note for 29.5k?

mitraark

Decrepit
Wait for price down of galaxy note! I used one of my friend and it fits easily on jeans.

where is note for 29.5k?

It was 29.7k on Sulekha ... not available anymore now.

Looking forward to buy the Note next month hopefully , need to save up :)

Hoping that the SGSIII will help in lowering the price of NOTE meanwhile. Also looking forward to a rising rupee, that might help as well.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
The note can be had for as low as 28.5-29 in local stores. Its been 29 since about more than two months. When I bought my Xperia S for 29k in May I was getting Note for 28.5k with some freebies offer.

mitraark

Decrepit
^
The note can be had for as low as 28.5-29 in local stores. Its been 29 since about more than two months. When I bought my Xperia S for 29k in May I was getting Note for 28.5k with some freebies offer.

Local store as in The Mobile Store ? I haven't checked out stores yet but 29k + Freebies sounds great , which city are you in if you don;t mind ? I hope i can get a similar rate at Kolkata.

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ Nope dude. I bought mine in Feb for 33k from the mobile store (I did get a lotta freebies + a totally free 9 month EMI :D). By local stores he means small time individual shops not big retail chains. Even last week my local mobile store guy quoted a price of 32.7k.

techlover

In the zone
^
October end it is!
And for India maybe November.

Price should be slightly higher than SGS3. So 35k+ for sure and the weakening rupee doesn't help either.

Yes reports now say that it may be just unveiled in late August and may launch in October ...but i believe it still may fall the Note prices :)

Bigger, faster Galaxy Note rumored for IFA release | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

faiz0210

Broken In
ONE X has a horrible battery life. So if you are interested in playing HD Games and Watching movies, its not going to last long.. Mine gives a screen time of max 3hrs with general usage. Some builds do give 4-5hrs of screen time but only if you are lucky enough to fine one.

I will be using the phone for watching HD movies, playing HD games and browsing web.

Hey buddy, you are going to use it to watch HD content. So how will you do without a MicroSD card slot in the HTC One X. 32 GB inbuilt memory is too less. You wont be able to store more than 7 1080p rips. Add to that games and apps, and you're looking at a bleak scenario without expandable memory slot.

Top Bottom