not able to boot ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
Hi guys,
when ever i try to boot ubutnu it it ask me " Enter Level" what does that mean what i ahve to enter???

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I guess it's asking for runlevel. I guess 2 should do. Read this *www.debianadmin.com/debian-and-ubuntu-linux-run-levels.html

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Is this the exact message you are getting. And can you give what is the line before this line?

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
it was giving me a massage " there is no process in this run level"..................but now i have another problem......i reinstalled ubutu on that partition but now when i try to boot fc5 it boot ubutntu now what to do?.....when i hit enetre to boot fedora on top it says booting fedora.. but finly it boots ubuntu.

praka123

left this forum longback
your partition number may have changed.its a bit tricky to find root"/" partns of each distro.but u can find using
Code:
~#fdisk  -l
.try it and post.also check your fedora's /etc/fstab for correct "/" entry.

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
now i want upgrade my fc5 to fc6 it is possible that without loosing my data i can upgrade....... and also one thing my fc5 was not booting before so i have to first repair it or i can directly access my partition and restor my data?

praka123

left this forum longback
if u have fc6 dvd/cds just boot it,fc6 will upgrade ur fedora 5 install and u will get fedora 6 w/o any data loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom