Norton ghost v12 not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
i recently purchased norton ghost v12 ,however while installing there were numerous registry changes as detected by kaspersky 7.0 ,however the installation was said to be successful.

however no program of the suite started instead giving a c++ runtime error and that occurred during installation also . Also it has somehow modified the pc in a manner that many a shortcut and folder are not accessible saying a runtime error in explorer.exe and the desktop reload . I AM ALSO FELLING DIFFICULT TO UNINSTALL IT .
what should i do . I have attached a screen shot of one of the error encountered with main program file .

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.f9bdeb6092.jpg

i manually went and search for any runnable file and founded a file console . It stared Norton ghost but no option was avi liable ,and it says to connect to local computer that is my pc ,and additionally a new hardware (Ethernet controller ) was detected ,which could not be installed due to lack of drivers .

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.fbd6dd7214.jpg

MUTANT_X is my pc name

Last edited:

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
this may work :

1. Start computer in safe mode with networking capability (HOLD F8 while computer is starting up)

2. Go to you internet explorer

3. Go to Tools

4. Mananage Add-Ons

5. Disable ALL of the add ons (You have to toggle between the two options in the drop down box)

6. Once ALL are disabled, delete your cookies (Tools - Internet Options)

7. Reboot to a normal desktop

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
well i booted in safe mode as administrator and to my surprice the program files did not generate runtime error however running the main program gave me a error saying " you do not have required privileges to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom