norton antivirus updates subscription expired

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram&byte

Broken In
hi people, as the topic indicates my norton antivirus updates subscription has expired. now system does not even allow me to apply offline updates ie virus updates that come on digit cd. every time i try to update system says that subscription has expired and asks me to subscribe. how do i turn this off?!! :-(

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Go to www.symantec.com

Navigate to correct Norton AntiVirus page

Take credit card out from wallet

Enter information

Click Submit

Check Email

Enter new License Code and Download Latest Norton Antivirus version.

Or

Uninstall norton

install AVG or Avast home edition

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I have a better solution but may be worse too.
Uninstall norton and reinstall it. You will get subscription for an additional year. Again install it after a year.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
khattam_ said:
I have a better solution but may be worse too.
Uninstall norton and reinstall it. You will get subscription for an additional year. Again install it after a year.

no khattam, it does NOT work that way...norton is not so dumb......of course, other than the solutions provided by raabo, there r illegal methods which im not interested in discussing....

swatkat

Technomancer
i think, i saw a similar soln to that of khattam_ was posted here before, may be Raaabo deleted it.....

Go for AVs which provide lifetime free updates, like AVG......

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hmmm yaa we have some good and free AV's that do
even do better than these paid ones
besides this norton simply eats your system
we have some free and good AV's like AVG,AVAST
search em up on google
and dload them
rather than using illegal software you rather use free ones

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
if ur using any older 2004>2003>2002... simply upgrade ur antivirus to latest available version.... your subscription will be extended for next 1 year with upgradation...

go to www.symantec.com and purchase/download trailware there.

swatkat

Technomancer
parthbarot said:
ya swatkat thats the right one...
i had tried it 2 to 3 times & it works....
what????
swatkat said:
i think, i saw a similar soln to that of khattam_ was posted here before, may be Raaabo deleted it.....
i saw a solution there, and i was not the one who posted that.....what i was trying to say in that post was, illegal methods posted here will be deleted....

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Common ppl we r tryin to help the guy out.
Ok, if reinstalation does not work, you should remove all the Symantec related files from your computer manually. Reregister (only if you have re-registration supported) and then you will get the updates again. The files you will need to delete includes Livesubscribe in some sub directories of Application DAta folder, i suppose.
I don't know if this i illegal but i used to use this method for the Norton I had bought. It wan Norton Systemworks 2003 for my Win 98 PC. I don't use it now although it hasn't expired. I'm now using an illegal copy of ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Charley

Just Do It
Remove the existing 1 & downlaod a verison of NAV frm downlaod.com

or

Get a new one like mcafee with subscrition

theraven

Technomancer
khattam_ dont u understand ?
doing that is illegal and u are not supposed to advice that
however it wont work anyways ...
so plz stop posting bogus !

allindrome

Journeyman
Well though there are many unauthorised means of overcoming the problem , the best thing would be to get a legal copy or use a free antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom