Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
OK, three things:

1) Why was this thread bumped up after all these months?
2) Wh!Zk!D, don't make double posts. Say whatever you have to in the same post.
3) Absolutely no flaming here. Keep the thread clean.

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
1) I hadn't noticed this was an old thread. Didnt bother to look when the last post was posted. 2) Double posts won't happen again! The double posts earlier were due to the fact that i'm posting from a mobile phone so have some problem editing my posts. 3) I won't flame here. 4) Now, lets get back on topic! :)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
First of all Nokia rules..............

Now let me share a trivia about Nokia.
Before 1989, Nokia was not the name of the company. They used to sell food items. They were the no.1 packaged food sellers in their country. But then things changed midway 1989-1990 and the company bankrupted. All officials started resigning and the company was about to complete legal formalities befor shutting down. Just then a young boy aged 25-26 came for a job. The comapny refused stating its present condition. The boy said,"Please make me the CEO of this company for some time and if I could not save your company I will leave it on my own." The company agreed.

Within 2 years comapny recovered. They stopped their food buisness and ventured into telecom sector as it had just started blooming and worked on new reseach areas. Within 3 years Nokia registerd more than 100 patents ad now is the no.1 seller of Mobiles in the World.

Correct me anywhere i am wrong. I depended on my sharp memory for this which i read some years back.

And what happened to that youth. He is the present Chairman of Nokia Inc.

It is for you to decide the truth...............

chinmay

Journeyman
damn man....i see 35 ppl voting for sony erricsson...guys r u off ur mind...hv u ever seen a single se repair or care outlet...n u can geta nokia care in every area(atlst in delhi)....the only phone i like in se is k500i...but den if it gets screwed u r fuc***.....service aft sale of se is "NEGLIGIBLE" compared to nokia....nokia rocks big time dudes...it has phones for vry1(although its rates r lil premium in compared to other brands)...but den i got my n-gage exchanged twice(lol...i opened it, broke an internal chip n nokia gave me a brand new piece...dis happened twice...lol)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ROFL!!!!!
@navjotsingh: That was the funniest corporate history ever!!! Here, read this to see why I'm laughing:

*nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,32884,00.html

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
Yes. There is a dearth of SE service centres. But for heavens sake, Nokia has been around for ages! Keep in mind that Se is only four years old! The fact that SE has been able to grab the attention of nokia users in such a short period of time speaks volumes of its capabilities. Also, it is a much smaller company. It can't churn out new models every week like nokia. Also, from my experience, their service has been excellent. There are two service centre agents for SE- accel and salora. Accel has a better reputation.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Nemesis said:
ROFL!!!!!
@navjotsingh: That was the funniest corporate history ever!!! Here, read this to see why I'm laughing:

*nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,32884,00.html

icecoolz said:
HAHAHAHA! MAnt that was too funny !!! Sorry Nemo but I liked navjots corp history much better...lol!!!

Thanx......

Now I plan to write a few more.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I was buying SE K700i but then had a look at the memory 41MB seemed good at this stage but what about the future. Then thought for a while and finally decided to buy Nokia 6600 as it has a MMC card slot.
About the lack of MP3 player I have already downloaded a freeware MP3 player for Nokia 6600. But still Nokia 6600 's look is nothing in front of Se 700i

One question guys I have installed a few games on my mobile using the Nokia pc suite (on the MMc card). But now I want to remove it , any ideas as to how it can be uninstalled completely.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
LOL@ navjotjsingh , that was funny.. *us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

@ Wh!Zk!D, there is only one SE service center in chennai whereas Nokia has 13.

lighthouse911

Broken In
hmm well I had the bitter experience of visiting a nokia care centre in bangalore and returning very dissapointed(went to get FW upgraded)

The same thing happened when I visited Se centre to get K500i upgraded

So it seems that service of both the companies is worst.It actually depends more on the firm runin those centres

G

gxsaurav

I don't know where U guys live, but there are 3 SE service centers here in Lucknow for SE, with one situated only 3 km away from my home

I myself, m using a K700i, & don't regret it, although it only has 41 MB, but that’s enough for me, & maybe for many people, how many people actually go & buy a higher capacity memory card, only a few who desperately need it, 6600 is old & Fat, even W550i is better in looks

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
I don't know where U guys live, but there are 3 SE service centers here in Lucknow for SE, with one situated only 3 km away from my home
See chinnu's post and mine, we live in Delhi and Chennai resp. and still there are not enough SE service centeres, plz dont tell that your SE phone wont get damaged/repaired.
You are lucky that you have a SE center near your home, everyone may not be lucky as you are.

gxsaurav said:
I myself, m using a K700i, & don't regret it, although it only has 41 MB, but that’s enough for me, & maybe for many people, how many people actually go & buy a higher capacity memory card, only a few who desperately need it,
Search for threads, where members ask if they can put a 1gb MMC/512mb MMC in their Nokia phones. Dont tell 41mb will be enough, and you record video's capture moments, store (and listen to) MP3s and install games (even thou many games arenot compactible with SE phones)...
So much ppl dont buy k700i just because it dont have a extendable memory. Search the forums to see for yourself.

Also this k700i is not a Series 60/Symbian phone, so maybe you dont need a extendable memory.

6600 now comes with a 64mb MMC for the same price, and being a Series 60/Symbian phone and it costs less than 9.5k now.

gxsaurav said:
6600 is old & Fat, even W550i is better in looks
What even w550i looks better?
Beauty (and likewise looks) is in the eyes of the beholder.
You may dont like it's looks, but I like the way it looks.
Why dont you compare the keypad of the two phones? :lol:

G

gxsaurav

i & many of my friend who are using 6600 find my phones keyboard a lot better then 6600, but again, it is subjective

lighthouse911

Broken In
I agree completely with drgrudge:"U cannot say that a particular pone is beter lookin then any other phone because u find it so :) every person is entitled to his own views in such matters::

Myself fr the past year I have been using 6600 and I think it looks friggin bad;I also have a K700 and I prefer the looks of K700 to 6600 but ultimately it depends on the person usin it.

actully dr u are right as far as expandable mem is concerned. If U are havin a smartphone then u are more likely to store smartmovies and other apps...... but in k700i u can store some games and some pics,that's it.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

gxsaurav said:
i & many of my friend who are using 6600 find my phones keyboard a lot better then 6600, but again, it is subjective
What? 6600's keypad better than 6600's keypad? :lol:

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
This is strange .. but still possible if his friend is using other than the orignal Xpress-on cover
non branded are very badly made ..
when you use the keypad the finger tips hurt..

Btw my cusion got new 6600black .. its looking good .. but its
joystick sucks.. i dont know why my thumb hurt after using that ..
but she doesnt have any problem with it
may be she got used to it...
and its noway near 6630's 5-way button (which is best IMO)

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
drgrudge said:
gxsaurav said:
What? 6600's keypad better than 6600's keypad? :lol:

U misunderstood it grudge.

He said that he and many of his friends,who are using 6600,find his(saurav's) phone's(SE k700i) keyboard better than their own phones'(which is 6600) keyboard.
In other words, 6600 user are not satisfied with its keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom