Nokia N8:Will You W8 For It??? Cybernautes

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Thanks, sujoyp. Guess some of the sites, have their info wrong..

It is quite sad, that Nokia N8 was delayed, not because it will be bested by any competitor.(don't think there'd be any other comparable 12 MP camera coming from its competitors at least this quarter). It means that the possibility of it being a polished,smooth relatively bug-free device at its launch should be even lower :(

So,we can expect basically a slightly buggy, though extremely good camera phone, which probably is much better than N97, but no where near competition, at launch....

@gagan007,
The price , I found, was the US Price. Am surprised, there is such a huge difference in prices between UK and US..Hm..

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
There wont be a similar phone this quarter but there would be one with SE's xmos lens,1080p recording and 12.2 cam by Jan.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
There wont be a similar phone this quarter but there would be one with SE's xmos lens,1080p recording and 12.2 cam by Jan.

That's news to me!! Thanks. Impressive, I should say, though of no use to me. (That means the processor for this mobile, should also be quite good,
unlike the N8's, I guess)

I searched and couldn't find any details regarding this phone. I am surprised that it doesn't seem in the news..(In fact, apart from HTC saying to expect 1080p recording capable tablets and smartphones in the latter half of 2011, I hadn't read anything regarding it)

sujoyp

Grand Master
SE news is still in rumor stage...I can give u links
Sony Ericsson prepping 1.2GHz Android smartphone with 12MP camera & 1080p video? | My Tech Logs

Sony Ericsson prepping 1.2GHz Android smartphone with 12MP camera & 1080p video? | Xperia X10 Blog

But treat it as a rumor for now

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@sujop- Thats X11. SE's Win 7 phone with 1.2 ghz proccy. The blog seems ill informed. The X12 or the X10 successor shall have a OMAP4440 1.5ghz processor with 1080p recording and 12.2 mp cam and a 720p screen. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@sujop- Thats X11. SE's Win 7 phone with 1.2 ghz proccy. The blog seems ill informed. The X12 or the X10 successor shall have a OMAP4440 1.5ghz processor with 1080p recording and 12.2 mp cam and a 720p screen. :)

hey link please...I would love to see it:razz:...I hope all goes well for SE

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@nikhilpai- Nope. It will be having Android 2.1 when all other HTC and Samsung devices will be having Android 3.0 and then SE will promise to bring Android 2.2 in the second half of 2012 :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey SE already said that its working on a android gaming phone for next year which will have gingerbread AKA android 3:)

@28k its not a good buy...there r much powerful mobiles costing less then that...
I know people had bought N97 for 33k and cried later ...

I would say again its better not to buy the N8's 1st lot coz it would be definitely buggy(like all the symbian OS) and would need firmware updates later...better wait for 2-3 months:)

Not sure about you guys, why there is still some lame about N8, but I already booked (preorder ) it and according to me it's worth than iPhone :grin:

God knows when Nokia gonna ship this master piece :-(

I am waiting...waiting :grin:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Not sure about you guys, why there is still some lame about N8, but I already booked (preorder ) it and according to me it's worth than iPhone :grin:

God knows when Nokia gonna ship this master piece :-(

I am waiting...waiting :grin:

Neeraj I am not against N8 but dont u remember the blunders Nokia made when It 1st released N95, 5800 & N97....then after 2-3 months they released updates and made it right...

BTW how much cost r u expecting for N8??

GERMZ

Banned
Having tried out the N8 , i can say that you should not worry about the 600 MHz processor as most of the work on the device is being done by the GPU. The GPU on the N8 is the fastest in the world right now. Even faster than that of the iPhone 4.

The camera is simply AMAZING ! I'm definitely waiting for it :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Having tried out the N8 , i can say that you should not worry about the 600 MHz processor as most of the work on the device is being done by the GPU. The GPU on the N8 is the fastest in the world right now. Even faster than that of the iPhone 4.
The camera is simply AMAZING ! I'm definitely waiting for it
fastest..is it so..which GPU is used in it???
wat abt samsung,HTC then...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am not buying any of these phones until we get 3G in INDIA. Till then my 5800 will do the honours

what are you talking about...we have got 3G long time back...I am using BSNL 3G for close to a year now. :)

Neeraj, what sujoyp said is absolutely right. We should rather wait for atleast 3-4 months. But I guess you have already ordered. Did you pay the price (or a part of it by chance)? If not, then good :)

Neeraj I am not against N8 but dont u remember the blunders Nokia made when It 1st released N95, 5800 & N97....then after 2-3 months they released updates and made it right...

BTW how much cost r u expecting for N8??

Ya, I know it brother but I think Nokia has learn from the mistakes. I think it gonna cost 28-29k initially then after few months the prices will go down just like N900.

BTW: I am planning to sell my 5800xm soon.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
hey SE already said that its working on a android gaming phone for next year which will have gingerbread AKA android 3:)

Yeah, which will likely be either delayed, or be released in Q4(maybe Dec 2011) by which time, smartphones with honeycomb might be common ;)

The camera is simply AMAZING ! I'm definitely waiting for it :D

?? Overall, the Samsung Galaxy S's Power VR SGX 540 still beats it. AFAIK, the newer Adreno 205 which comes with the HTC Desire HD and Z also are faster than iPhone 4's ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
here is a picture of comparision of N8 with Galaxy S, Ipad and Lg mobile...check it out...N8 is very good in graphic processing:smile:

Imageshack - 47982663.jpg

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N8 has broadcom BCM 2727 application processor as gpu - google it ..its better than the one in Iphone 4 but slower than the one in Galaxy S - the powervr sgx 540 one. But the point is its pretty good for N8 :)

Top Bottom