Nokia Lumia 520 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I would've but I'm not much of an app person. So it would be right of me to start a thread and then fill it with meager details.

Pancul

Broken In
Hi ujjwal007, Congratulations on your purchase!

How do you rate the bundled headphones? Are they IEM or simple headphone? And what about the sound quality as Nokia lumia 520 does not have Dolby headphone sound enhancement like in Lumia 620?

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
I used File manager in Androids just to view the files, renaming etc.
The apps in WP8 has which file extention like .apk in Android ?.
I just copy any .apk file in my phone and using File Manager go to that file to delete/install/rename it. Hows things happen in WP8 ?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I used File manager in Androids just to view the files, renaming etc.
The apps in WP8 has which file extention like .apk in Android ?.
I just copy any .apk file in my phone and using File Manager go to that file to delete/install/rename it. Hows things happen in WP8 ?

You cannot rename *unsupported* files in WP. The extension for applications is .xap. You can download them manually from the marketplace and then install them on your phone, but you cannot get them anywhere else AFAIK - basically no pirated .xap available.
You can use your WP8 phone like a USB drive if you wish, but only files that you have an app for are viewable on the phone. You can rename supported filetypes using the app that can open them. Like, if you have a word document, then you can open it in the word app, and then rename it, but if you have a .ascd file that has no application on the phone that can open it, then you cannot view or rename it on the phone.

har

In the zone
Sending my Lumia 520 back for replacement because camera switch not working properly. Bloddy hard to press.

The phone is absolutely amazing though. Videos are awesome and overall smooth as hell :D

Julieanderson

Broken In
It is the worst mobile set I have ever used .It has a very small capacity storage and the connectivity is also very poor.Buying this phone is the greatest blunder of my life.

Flash

Lost in speed

veddotcom

Journeyman
Got my lumia 520 few days back... A short review

Gaming : Tried Asphalt 5 (Trial), AE 3D Motor and few other games, didn't felt lagging or slow down
Camera : Picture quality is far more than good, Trust me you will be satisfied. Attached a picture below
Video : Tried 720p High Res videos and it plays extremely well. Runs smooth no lagging. however can't play flv mkv files
Sound Quality : The ear piece comes with the box is below average, better buy a ear phone to enjoy the music.
Build Quality : Finishing is awesome, It doesn't look like 10k Phone.
Battery : good enough to have 1-1.5 day backup on Normal use

Overall I am more than satisfied with this phone...Certainly a Best Buy

IMPORTANT : If someone has bought Lumia 520, Do update your phone. it improves Phone, Camera and Battery performance.

*i.imgur.com/Vpxm3y2.jpg

Flash

Lost in speed
Some flipkart users are complaining that "Upper-part of the phone" gets heated horribly soon.
Anyone feeling it?

Gauravs90

geek........
My lumia 820 do heat at the upper part when playing games like temple run or ashphalt 7. When talking after gaming one can feel the heat. It's not a problem though....

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
920 does get significantly warm when playing games and gently warm when browsing or streaming using the data connection. But doesnt seem to be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom