Nokia E51 or SE T700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
This is not for me. Hence the confusion. If it was for me, I would've straight away chosen the E51. A group of friends are buying a mobile phone (Budget max 11-12k) as a marriage gift for a friend. He still is sticking on to his Nokia 1600 bought some 4 years ago.

E51 - Wifi, Symbian, No Flash for camera, 2mp
T700 - No Wifi, No Symbian, LED Flash, 3.2mp (gsmarena has some good reviews about the T700's camera although its fixed-focus)

But a lot more in favor of the SE T700 is its weight (just 78 gm), slimness (10mm), and the newness of the model. This guy is definitely going to have this phone until someone else is going to buy him one which means till the mobile phone gives up and dies :p

I am still in a fix of which one to choose. Gurus here pls help me choose the right one! As far as I know, his work is on the computer and therefore he won't want to check email on his phone. But Internet browsing, yes. Apart from that, the regular talking and texting as of now till he explores the phone fully which I am sure he will.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Personally what I experienced with T700
1.Great Screen...Better than e51
2. Great UI..better than symbian
3.Looks great...no questions
4. Feel solid and metal feel...E51 looks cheap like 3110c
5.Cam is Ok kinddof....Video QVGA upto 30fps
6.Games looks fabulous...Java ones

k4ce

Youngling
since the guy is using a nokia 1600 , he is definately not used to symbian .... so i recommend the t700 ... better looking ... and the interface is better ... higher spec camera ... go for the t700

OP
D

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Thanks to everyone in this thread.. I have finally bought a T700. From the mobile store. Rs.11,839 (incl all taxes) The package includes a charger, a headphone-cum-mic with 3.5mm socket, data cable, 512 MB Sandisk Memory Stick Micro M2 and the usual manuals. The deciding factor was

1. Screen (miles ahead of the E51)
2. Animated themes by default and of course the user interface
3. Slimmer (just 10mm) and way lighter (78g) E51 felt like a brick after I held T700
4. 3.2mp Camera (good reviews by gsmarena.com)
5. And last but not the least, a new model in the market.

Most of these have already been covered by sujoyp. Thanks to him especially.

I did not test it much since it was supposed to be a gift. Few days later over dinner, I would be able to lay my hands on the T700 and let you know more about it.

OP
D

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Bought a 1gb Sandisk micro m2 card for Rs.360/- and a scratchgard from Scratchgard Overseas Pvt Ltd who are the original importers of the scratchgard for Rs.350 + 50 shipping. Total damage to the pockets of those who shared the gift is

Rs. 11839 + Rs.400 + Rs.360 = Rs.12499

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom