Nokia c6-01

praveen

Right off the assembly line
I have decided to buy Nokia c6-01 tomorrow..
But today while reading the reviews I came to know that the battery back up is not that good..

Please, I need your help to know whether I should buy this mobile or what..

I am happy with everything else in the mobile.. I just need a clarification on the battery back up..

Looking forward for your suggestion ...

regards ,
praveen

OP
P

praveen

Thanks for the reply.
I'm happy with nokia actually... I only need a review on battery.

k4ce

Youngling
^ well, people with that kinda budget would get an android now ....

I do have a friend who is using a C6-01 ... and he says the battery backup was somewhat less than is 5800xm but overall satisfactory ...

Soumik

Padawan
^^ U got the phone already? If not, do consider Samsung Galaxy Ace and Moto Defy in the same price range. C6-01 has the best screen quality, but otherwise, android is a far better UI to play with.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Along with the good UI and tons of customization options, Android offers superior apps, games, Widgets, notifications, browsing experience...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@praveen it certainly is a good phone. btw, do check Nokia C7 too which is just around 1k more but comes with bigger display, NFC, more user memory, active noise cancellation.

PS: If you can extend your budget slightly above 18k, Samsung Galaxy SL is a terrific phone.

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
sorry to say but the phn has been disontinued by nokia in india.. U can check ths thread forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=46349.0

OP
P

praveen

sorry to say but the phn has been disontinued by nokia in india.. U can check ths thread forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=46349.0

but still you can get it in priority :p

@All : Thank you very much for your time. I had only one day and i posted this thread a little late, so i wasnt able to see everyone's comments..

I bought Nokia c6-01. The phone is really awesome. The only thing i had in my mind was the battery problem,but after buying the phone i can say "Its all good"

PS : I am not an android fan, Sorry

harm064

Broken In
Yes... not everyone has the same needs. I needed better apps, games, browser, UI and speed, so I went with Android. You clearly have other needs...

Better UI. Care to define UI as per your perspective? "you clearly have other needs"

This is the back handed "put down" which any community can avoid.

Surely UI is important but wouldn't the end user experience count. It is becoming increasingly difficult for any average user to be at par.
So instead of being a "Fan boy" illustrate as to why YOU would give precedence to a certain feature.

It seems the Android users, pardon me for generalizing, are becoming an elitist in their own right, rather than understanding the need of a fellow user, targeting to make others a part of the hive mind.

How many apps to you really use day in day out?
Are you also using the app to kill other apps so that your battery doesn't run out?
Constant fear of "bricking" the phone incase you wish to utilize a custom rom ?

Son, stop being a fan boy and justify :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Better UI. Care to define UI as per your perspective? "you clearly have other needs"

This is the back handed "put down" which any community can avoid.

Surely UI is important but wouldn't the end user experience count. It is becoming increasingly difficult for any average user to be at par.
So instead of being a "Fan boy" illustrate as to why YOU would give precedence to a certain feature.

It seems the Android users, pardon me for generalizing, are becoming an elitist in their own right, rather than understanding the need of a fellow user, targeting to make others a part of the hive mind.

How many apps to you really use day in day out?
Are you also using the app to kill other apps so that your battery doesn't run out?
Constant fear of "bricking" the phone incase you wish to utilize a custom rom ?

Son, stop being a fan boy and justify :)

Sir,

Sorry, I was a bit harsh. But its a waste of money to buy a half-baked phone like the C6-01.

I strongly believe Symbian^3 is not a good smartphone OS. No matter the hardware on Nokia phones, the software sucks bad.

C6-01 is an expensive phone, but is no match for my sub-10k Optimus One. Web browsing experience is very poor, the UI is slow and stuttery, the widgets are ugly. Ever tried pinch to zoom in C6 browser? Ever seen its ugly Gallery app? Android is lightyears ahead of it...

On my Optimus One, I run Void #Echo ROM which is excellent. The performance of this phone is smooth as silk. Web browsing is awesome.

Apps I use regularly (almost everyday))
Engadget
NDTV
Angry Birds (all variants)
Armoured Defence II
Beautiful Widgets
Facebook
Evernote
Twitter
Gmail
Maps
NFS Shift
Mr Number (Call and SMS blocker)
Go SMS Pro
Talking Tom
Google Talk
Tower Raiders II
Youtube

And no Task Killers. Battery is always a problem for phones that are actually "used". You buy a Nokia, you don't have to worry about battery life, because you will be using it mostly for talking and occasionally for snapping some pics.

I am addicted to the internet. My phone is a great tool. Very helpful... lets me remain connected all the time... (Still looking for a decent VOIP app. I liked Yahoo Messenger. But hope GTalk will have VOIP soon)

What can C6-01 do that my sub-10k cellphone cannot? LG Optimus One and other Android variants are true smartphones. Nokia has lost the battle for smartphones. Until Nokia's WP7 devices come out, its useless buying their Symbian phones. They are totally crapgadgets...

My phone is not perfect. If I wanted a perfect phone, I would have to spend a ton of money buying an iPhone. But my Optimus One is a hackers favorite... so much developer support in XDA. I love it... :)

Very soon I will be on Gingerbread...

Cheers!

You summed it up really .

I have a symbian phone and I use it lot and it lasts well through the day . I cant name the number of Useful Symbian applications that Androidfan posted.

My Next phone will be a Iphone or a Android.