NO SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is not playing any sound at all,i reinstall the drivers of audio then also no sound ?i really dont know about the problem,i also scan for hardware changes still the same problem is appearing?
i am using intel motherboard?is my sound card is not working?
can anyone help me out to solve my problem!!!!

Sourabh

Laptoping
abe check the volume control in accesories

check whether u have plugges teh speakers in the right port

remember the basics !!

i knw there aint a big prob just some goof up here and there

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hey neeraj see do this reinstall the drivers if necessary if it shows a sound card in the device manager list then no probs. Then check the socket in which the speaker is plugged in. U might have 4got so just try the other sockets also (just try). Then check the settings in the volume control and also in the software that got installed with the sound driver coz there r volume setting in that also and also see that all the effects r turned off then try it.

babumuchhala

In the zone
Click On the Volume Adjustment Icon
If it gives u aVolume Up & Down . I dont know wats wrong, But if it says NO Active Adapters Found then most probably your svchost file has been curpted and u will have to reinstall windows (with/without formatting)

I really donno how these file get curropted> I had to reinstall windows 3 times just to solve this in last 2 Months

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
MAy Be I have to reinstall the windows ,as my sockets are all in the correct port and drivers is working perfectly,i reinstall the drivers then again no sound appears?is it not another way out other than again installing windows that my problem can be solved,it will be a great loss of mine if do install the windows again????can anybody help me in that

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
Its not showing any message regarding active adapters ,i play winamp and songs are playing but i am net getting any sound,tried by playing wmp bs player ,but still i am not getting what happened ?to my sound ?hey is this possible that may be my sound card is not working?but what if the device manager is showing that sound device is working perfectly!!!!

G

gxsaurav

which sound card U got, onboard or PCI Slor based like Sound blaster,onboard can't be the problem, if it is then your BIOS will provide beeps, check for the drivers, if that doesn;t solves then reinstall windows

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
On board sound card it is.i am using intel motherboard with inbuilt sound card!!so now what shall i do ?treinstall the windows again?will it will solve the problem,

gamefreak14

Journeyman
I guess your mobo drivers are corrupt, as a result of which the IRQ has not been assigned. First, rt. click My comp>Properties>Hardware>device manager. Check for any exclamation marks. If you do, rt click on them, select uninstall. Restart the system, and windows will ask for your driver cd. Does this work?

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
I am Using Linux fedora core3 ,in that also sound is not working?now can someone explain me what is going on with my computeri am using p4 intel
1024mb ram ,my sound card driver is "sigmatel C-major audio",why in linux also sound is not working

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
then either its a problem with your hardware or you're doing some really stupid mistake.

Take a Multimeter and measure the output that's coming from your sound card's output jack. If there's no fluctuation in the output while playing some POP music, then most probably your sound card is burnt ...

And remember, Post your problem in correct section.

babumuchhala

In the zone
Dear ur Sound Cards Gone

Dear Neeraj

Did you face a power cut recntly or did a hard boot (just pulled the plug) then most probably ur Sound Card/ Spearkers is dead.

Test ur Speakers by attaching it to ur Music System, I ur Speakers are working fine then Surely Ur sound cards gone.

You May either get it repaired OR get a new one (I thinks it costs something around 400 bucks - a low cost one)

But before trying to repair OR get a new Sound Card just try reinstalling the OS

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
Yes my problem got solved now,thx to all you friends.actually the problem was my sound card was dead.as i am using my computer with a big sound theatre,may be there was a voltage problem yesterday,but i will take care this in future,i purchased a new sound card got installed and listening to music while writing to you all friends!
with warm regards
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.