No signal on HDMI/DVI after display driver instalation

digibrush

digitalpainter
No signal on HDMI/DVI after display driver installation

My ST2220L(21.5' LED) monitor replaced by dell.

I connect it to ATI 5670 through VGA and its works fine with 1920x1080

When I connect the monitor with HDMI or DVI it works fine on boot screen and starting windows...after this, screen turn into black with no signal massage.

I uninstall display driver in safe mode with 'Display Driver Uninstaller' and install latest version but problem is not solved.

I remove the ATI 5670 card and connect monitor on board graphic adapter, it works with HDMI/DVI(in lower resolution) until I install Intel HD driver.

Monitor works with all port in lower resolution with inlet HD and ATI 5670 without driver.

After driver installation it only shows up to 'starting windows' with HDMI and DVI.

Before replacing by dell my monitor works with all port in 1920x1080.

Is it a faulty monitor replaced by dell? I need some help.

UPDATE: Fomat c:. After clean install(connected with HDMI) of win 7 I use AMD driver autodetect, download latest version and instal. Before restarting I got a warning massage:

"The AMD Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphic adapter. Please update your AMD graphic driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Display Manager."

After restarting showing boot screen, starting windows and finaly "no Signal" and black screen.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try these drivers:
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics drivers for Microsoft Windows 7 64bit
btw with older cards it is always recommended to use older drivers & not the latest ones.in fact the latest intel graphics driver for my intel pentium g620 processor doesn't work correctly with my old 17" crt monitor but 3 versions old driver(last one to be officially compatible with windows vista) works fine on my windows 7 system.

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
try these drivers:
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics drivers for Microsoft Windows 7 64bit
btw with older cards it is always recommended to use older drivers & not the latest ones.in fact the latest intel graphics driver for my intel pentium g620 processor doesn't work correctly with my old 17" crt monitor but 3 versions old driver(last one to be officially compatible with windows vista) works fine on my windows 7 system.

Not working, even I tried with the CD provided with display card, anyway thanks for reply.

HDMI/DVI port, given signal without display driver and failed when driver installed.
But works fine with VGA.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
contact dell.maybe the unit you got has some hardware change incompatible with usual ati driver.after explaining the problem(fine until windows loads) tell them that you suspect some edid issue is causing driver to incorrectly set monitor frequency levels.

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
I tried that monitor with my laptop and other pc, but the result is the same. So I am sure the problem is in the monitor.

I had a contact with Dell technical support and I told them about the problem. They assure me that I will have another replacement.

Top Bottom