no run

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what are the chances of no run option being in the start menu properties .... my friend says that there is no run ption in his start menu so i told him to chk whether its chked in the start menu properties under advanced tab but he says its not there ... can that happen if yes is there a solution

shantanu

Technomancer
maybe the registry problem or its been disabled from GPEDIT.. might be brontok virus.. (not in VISTA) (only applies to XP)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
badiya hai ... thanks let me see whether it solves his problems ... thanx :)

iceeeeman

Journeyman
Dude tel him to copy the follwing code in notepad and then tel him to save it as a .REG file :-
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoRun "=dword:00000000

Then tel him to double click on it and then click on yes ..Finally restart and then enable it from Start Menu Properties.

Or

He can also use the Group Policy editor, gpedit.msc, to manage XP Start Menu options , he will find gpedit.msc in %windows/system32% folder,tel him to double click on tht n then go to :-
Code:
 User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar

In the right hand panel he will find a value named "Remove run from start Menu" tel him to set it as enabled.​

P.S-Also tel him to scan his pc with a good antivirus software

Hope this helps

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmmm ... thanks a lot iceeeman ... i think 2 options are good 1 of em will do the work :) thanx to both of u

Status
Not open for further replies.