No output from graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
I'm having a Geforce FX 5200 128mb DDR and yesterday suddenly it stopped giving output to the monitor. Actually there was low voltage yesterday and the comp was working fine with that voltage. I am sure there is no possibility for the graphic card to be damaged due to sudden high voltage as i had provided power to my comp with surge protected device. The monitor is working fine. Right now i am using my old Riva TNT2 32mb graphics card and it works fine.

That was not the first time the graphic card gave me a problem, also many times when i'm working in the comp. the output to the monitor gets cut suddenly, but when i restart my comp. it gives output to the monitor normally. But yesterday i tried everything, removing it , cleaning,...nothing helped.

Is it that the graphics card is totally gone forever or something can be done about it ?

Please help me guys...i am a game freak, i was playing quake 4, fahrenheit and F.E.A.R. and now nothing is possible. :(

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Tough luck. It sounds like your card is gone. Since your computer works with a TNT2, it's very unlikely to be a driver or port problem.

Since you experienced the same problem temporarily in the past, there's one thing you can do as a last resort. If you know what a dry solder means, check your card carefully for dry solder points. Use a magnifying glass if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom