No.Of Private Messages

No.of Private Messages should be increased of not..??

• Yes Increase it to 75 or 100

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No Leave it as it is

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vaibhavtek

So do u think No. Of Private Messages (PM) should be increase or not...??? :))

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Number of PMs should definitely be increased to at least 100...:(

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76775

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys also post how much PMs do you get and the number of PMs present in your INBOX & Sent Items........This will urge them to increase the number of PMs allowed.;)

@vaibhavtek how much do you have got & replied till date??

I had just deleted a bunch of messages yesterday. So the number came down from 40 to 13.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Why would you want more PMs storage? None might get 100 messages a day. Just delete the message after you've read and replied. In case you want to archive, then store in your HDD or online (email yourself). By default, you store both incoming and outgoing (ie what you replied) PMs - delete all outgoing PMs to bolster your storage capacity.

IMO, the increase PM storage campaign is just to cover up for your laziness.

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
am too lazzzzzzy*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/37.gif.........to delete ma old PMs:D

drgrudge

^^
Ohh yeah, we all are. I want to be successful in life, but I'm lazy. That's why I'm whining now.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
eh? .. you got 3 formats to chose and save your PM's.. XML , CSV and plain text.

And BTW .. no changes will happen in digit on user request thats a hard fact... may be wait for a year or so they might increase it to 51.. :p

OP
V

vaibhavtek

I think it should be increased like this:-
No dont waste the space..

Increase according to post count..

Increase it to 250 for 2k+ postcount

Increase it to 200 for 1k+ to 1999 post count

Increase it to 100 if post count is from between
100 to 999

Others can contend with 50

Why waste space for many casual registers and users

OP
V

vaibhavtek

^^ how many total PM you have currently...

And BTW .. no changes will happen in digit on user request thats a hard fact... may be wait for a year or so they might increase it to 51.. :p

he he he :D :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Why would you want more PMs storage? None might get 100 messages a day. Just delete the message after you've read and replied. In case you want to archive, then store in your HDD or online (email yourself). By default, you store both incoming and outgoing (ie what you replied) PMs - delete all outgoing PMs to bolster your storage capacity.

I get more than 100 a day if I can clear the PMs on time :( and for reference I would like to keep the few PMs... as lot of information can be stored on PM, such numbers, price, contact details, urls, and a lot :(

50 is certainly toooooooooo small for me :( even I guess 100 too would be small :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1000000000000000:D

Also I don't agree on the suggestion given by Vaibhavtek in which he is saying to give inceased number of PMs to the persons who post more. Because there can be people who don't POST.....just SPAM and if this will be done by the Admins, than People are just going to SPAM........

drgrudge

I get more than 100 a day if I can clear the PMs on time :( and for reference I would like to keep the few PMs... as lot of information can be stored on PM, such numbers, price, contact details, urls, and a lot :(

50 is certainly toooooooooo small for me :( even I guess 100 too would be small :(
I would like to see a screenshot of your PM inbox. If you get 100 messages a day, no other option for you but to save in HDD/online. You login to the forum multiple times a day, right?

Mods and Admins have 250 message PM box and for me even that's small (I'm bum lazy :p).

Eh? Admins and mods listen to each and every request. But the implementation is our discretion.

Are we not on vB? Wasn't the quick reply enabled? Wasn't the quick reply without the need to click some post in thread enabled? Did we not have a new sections (programming, gamerz, etc.. was implemented overnight with mods recommendation)? Almost all the basic needs are taken care off.

Personally I fell no need for extra PM storages, but I'm not sure as how Admins might react.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
------------------------
^^ correctly said so vote..
You didn't reply me.......How many PMs do you have in your Inbox??

I would say to increase the number of PMs only for those people who are contributing genuinely and at their max like Choto Cheeta.

OP
V

vaibhavtek

------------------------

You didn't reply me.......How many PMs do you have in your Inbox??

I would say to increase the number of PMs only for those people who are contributing genuinely and at their max like Choto Cheeta.

I was having 45 PM last night but now I had removed 2 and so 43.

Sometime It even reach 50 then I have to delete all messages.

This forum is good for knowlede but not for comfortable.

But we recieve almost 5 to 10 message in two days...

Mind this it doesnot mean u donot use PM means nobody use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.