Status
Not open for further replies.

vigyanhoon

Right off the assembly line
I am sick of my PC whichis displaying some weird trouble. Sometimes it doesn’t display anything, not even boot/bios menu and is completely blank. However if I switch it on later (after about 5 minutes), it starts perfectly.

When it doesn’t start even after waiting for few minutes, I remove the power cord from power supply for about 3 minutes and reconnect. It works fine then. On certain occasions I have to wait yet after reconnecting the power supply.

Earlier I conceived there may be problem with my cabinet. So I purchased a new one. But this problem still subsists with my new cabinet. I now suppose its my motherboard to be blamed. Can you please inform what the problem is or which part may be defective?

My configuration is as under:

Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz
Motherboard P4M800CE – AGP 8x
Using two RAMs of 256 MB each having different frequencies (133 and 200)
NVidia MX 440 graphic card 64 MB
400 W power supply

Please ask if you need any clarification.
Thanks

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Earlier I conceived there may be problem with my cabinet. So I purchased a new one. But this problem still subsists with my new cabinet.
I am more curious as to how did you make a conclusion that it was the pc case's fault?
Your system is dying. Its really old. Get the motherboard checked, something is wrong on the bios chip.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
When you bought the new cabinet, did it come with a new power supply and are you using that? I ask because the PSU is one possible reason for your problem. If you're using a new power supply, that eliminates one possible reason.

One question: how long have you been having this problem?

OP
V

vigyanhoon

Right off the assembly line
Thanks everyone for valuable suggestions. A good news is that after removing my graphic card, I got the display. However I am distressed as with my earlier cabinet too when I had removed the GC, my display was perfect. Later on there was no display at all which compelled me to purchase a new cabinet.

I had asked for a possible reason for no display with a technical person. He told me that changing the cabinet will solve my problem. Truly speaking it did. Earlier with my older cabinet, the problem of no display had become very severe. But the new cabinet worked perfectly for about a month. When the same problem arised again.

There can't be a power supply or RAM problem as my PC is fully operational now with all those parts.

I simply desire to ask a wide-eyed question. If any of my PC's components is defective then how come they work sometimes and other times don't.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.