No Cube in CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey all CF up and runing just the cube is not there instead of the cube I same a slide here it is

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/1536/Screenshot.jpg Plz help me switching the cube...

Btw how to enable snow and take screenshot of things :D Is there a onscreen video recorder for Linux :confused:

Some said I must swtich on 4 desktop. I can see 4 workspace but no cube.. If any problem plz do help me .. Also AWN[avant Windows manager] has theme option from where to get those themes :?

Regards

praka123

left this forum longback
it can have cube effect and fishes swimming etc-dude install extra plugins vagaira...i had tried months ago that time itself it was possible.try ur compiz manager for options.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
that is coz the no. of horizontal desktops is set as 2 in compiz settings. set it to 4 and you'll get the cube. if i remember rite, the snow effect is a plugin.

to record things, install istanbul desktop session recorder. i think its there in off. ubuntu repos.

praka123

left this forum longback
^instanbul is buggy(personal experiance)-use "gtk-recordmydesktop"(hope it is in Ubuntu repos)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i backed out of compiz and now am on beryl, so i can't give you the exact settings. but this is what i use, no. of desktops = vertical virtual size =1, horizontal virtual size =4. i had this same problem when i'd installed CF and i remember setting the horizontal desktops to 4 and getting back the cube.

istanbul has been working fine for me since quite sometime now.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ naa it say installed but it did not get installed ?:( its .tgz file :X

Also do tell me abt cube slon

Problem fixed :) Reboot did the job :D btw w I lost the trasparency of my Panel :X INF plz tell me what to do :(:p

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
transparency of which panel? gnome panel? its largely dependent on the gtk theme, not cf. and yeah you need to install the .tgz file thru the add button. works fine for me :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Theme :p btw I got those links.. Can u tell me how to configure istanbul ? Its way cluttered I open it and a red dot appear in Task bar is it start recorind just as it start .. Where it save the file ? The ques plz answer :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah right click on the button on the taskbar to configure. when done left single click on it to start recording and then again on it to stop recording. after that it'll ask the location where u wanna save the recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom