Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Have you ever wanted to remove Windows components like Media Player, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer, Messenger...
How about not even to install them with Windows ?

nLite is a tool for permanent Windows components removal and pre-installation Windows configuration. After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines.
With nLite you will be able to have Windows installation which on install does not include, or even contain on cd, the unwanted components.

Features
  • Service Pack Integration
  • Component Removal
  • Unattended Setup
  • Driver Integration *
  • Hotfixes Integration **
  • Tweaks
  • Services Configuration
  • Patches ***
  • Bootable ISO creation
Changelog -
v1.3 Final
  • new: Corrupted CAB detection
  • new: Wmp11 Slipstreamer support
  • new: Unattended - Skip OOBE
  • new: Unattended - Regional - Location
  • new: Indonesian translation
  • new: Tablet PC compatibility option
  • fix: Show desktop icon (XP only)
  • fix: IE7 integration for 64bit 2003 Server
  • fix: Intel graphics driver integration
  • fix: Textmode drivers missing sys files on manual install
  • fix: KB841356, KB924667, KB925876, KB928090, KB928255
  • fix: Intel CPU removal
Download

Source

I have been using for nearly 2 years now, works great, and a highly recommended tool!!

apoorv.sharma

Lean mean A@# kickin M/C
umm..i think there already exists an option in "Add/Remove Programs" for "Add/Remove Windows components"...for those who wanna remove these software without the hassles of gettin the software...

hard_rock

Salieri Family
^^^^^^^
alsiladka said:

How about not even to install them with Windows ?

nLite is a tool for permanent Windows components removal and pre-installation Windows configuration. After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines.
With nLite you will be able to have Windows installation which on install does not include, or even contain on cd, the unwanted components.
Read the post carefully...this is not an UNINSTALLER.....This is a slipstreaming software.

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
apoorv.sharma said:
umm..i think there already exists an option in "Add/Remove Programs" for "Add/Remove Windows components"...for those who wanna remove these software without the hassles of gettin the software...

Dude this is not a simple noobies software!! This is one of the best software out there of any kind!!! Even if you do not want to use it, just go there and check what all you can do to customize your installation!!

You can remove nearly everything from your system, from IE to WMP, to just about anything!!

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Josan said:
Well ,it seems to same as the windows uninstaller , but with some more tweeks!!!!!

It is not an unsintaller people!!! It removes components directly from the installation source!! So such things do not install on your windows at all!!

It integrated Hotfixes and the latest updates to your installtions, merges the latest drivers, makes your installation unattended, applies tweaks, patches system files.

And all this, before you install windows!! Whn you install windows, your prefeences are already present!!!

I generally reduce my installations by about 100 200 MB by removing all the languages and unneeded stuff. And by using RyanVM's Update Packs i save myself the ordeal of updating windows after installation.

int86

You'r Born Free
Me also use the same.
But have some problem.
While installion some essential dll files kept missing.
I usen Ryan pack.
N i didnt removed any component. Lastly shared.ini file was missin essential for conneting net.

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
which version did you use? It was a reported bug quite a few versions ago, has been resolved now. try out the new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom