Newbie in overclocking.....Need help !

hitesh

In the zone
Hey guyz , I'm new to overclocking.
I know very simple rules on how to overclock.
So please help me here. Thnx !!

Here are my PC specs -

Processor - Pentium 4 3.0 ghz (631)
Ram - 1gb (667mhz)
Graphic Card - no
Power Supply - 450 watt psu (dont know more than that)
Motherboard - Biostar 945gc-m7-te

Guess this much is enough !!

Now which softwares do I need before overclocking (only those which are quite necessary) ??
I have cpu-z and gpu-z only.

Here are 2 pics of bios settings
1st is of main menu
2nd of Frequency/Voltage Control

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

sukesh1090

Adam young
download hwinfo to measure temperature and prime95 to check stability.increase your fsb by 5 values and then boot in to os and run prime 95 for half an hour and also chck the temp if it is within the limit.repeat the process till your system gets unstable or temperature reaches too high.do this first and get back with results don't increase the voltage now.

OP
H

hitesh

In the zone
download hwinfo to measure temperature and prime95 to check stability.increase your fsb by 5 values and then boot in to os and run prime 95 for half an hour and also chck the temp if it is within the limit.repeat the process till your system gets unstable or temperature reaches too high.do this first and get back with results don't increase the voltage now.

wow thnx mate !!!
I'll do it now

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ OCing won't do much to improve the performance of your rig and before OCing you better invest in some good cpu cooler - OCing with stock cpu cooler is a no go from me - also make sure the PSu you have is from some decent brand and your cabby has good airflow inside ;-)

OP
H

hitesh

In the zone
^^ OCing won't do much to improve the performance of your rig and before OCing you better invest in some good cpu cooler - OCing with stock cpu cooler is a no go from me - also make sure the PSu you have is from some decent brand and your cabby has good airflow inside ;-)

Airflow is good and psu will not create a problem.
What I should change is the cpu cooler.
So which one should I buy ?

Top Bottom