New to Windows. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

midhunmon

Broken In
New to Windows 7. PC Hardware Help!

Guys I've been using windows XP for years even after 7 was released for fear that the games that run on my configuration will work badly with low fps in windows 7. Could you guys clear this confusion of me?
My PC Config is this:

Intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz E4500
2Gb Corsair ddr2 memory
1GB XFX nVidia 250GTS

I can't upgrade my memory larger than 2gb right now because my MB doesn't support it and if I want to upgrade then has to upgrade my MB, CPU and memory. how much FPS drop can I expect while playing games on 7 from that on XP with my current config? Is my 2GB enough?

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
look u can install windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, no harm in that, i didn't faced any problems about any games. there were many problems in windows vista which were solved in windows 7. so go ahead and install windows 7 SP pack 1. you won't regret. in fact it is as stable as XP and very beautiful. you will love it.

:cool:
till now i didnt faced any problems regarding games. and if you find windows 7 is eating your COMPUTER's resources heavily, then there is a option to set it as WINDOWS CLASSIC mode, i guess it looks like windows 98. then again you can set it as WINDOWS 7. :mrgreen:

saswat23

Human Spambot
But i can't play Counter Strike Condition Zero in Win7.
Even some old games like 'RoadRash' dont run smoothly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Op - install win 7, Sp1 and all the required driver and for maximum perfoemnace just use game booster app before launching any games. If you face any issue with old games just use compatibility mode and select a older OS for which the game was made for ;-)

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
Counter strike condition zero works perfectly for me also on windows 7 ultimate (32 bit).
If u do not have windows 7 SP1 then install update everything works perfect after that.

smithrick

Broken In
If you have active internet connection so i suggest you to download latest update for windows 7 and install it. I hope counter strike condition zero and other games will work. If any chance to upgrade your system so i suggest you to upgrade it because i think your system is not configure to play any high graphics games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom