New to assembled desktops - Guidance Required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
armon300

armon300

Broken In
This is fun. In a way... xDDDDD

Anyways, I know Noas, I've reviewed every part, except RAM and Mobo. Those I just can't understand how to compare... :?
And screw 5770.. I can't get it (priced at 9800 INR).. :(

Piyush

Lanaya
This is fun. In a way... xDDDDD

Anyways, I know Noas, I've reviewed every part, except RAM and Mobo. Those I just can't understand how to compare... :?
And screw 5770.. I can't get it (priced at 9800 INR).. :(
hey dont get mad
let me give u a unique suggestion
forget 4 gb ram
get 3gb instead
and then u can make it
and in future u can buy more if u need
but im suggesting 5770 bcoz its the real deal nowadays in 10k budget

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
yea rofl seriously damn the 4GB of ram and get 2GB it is more than enough @ 1600mhz ... get that and be happy then you can get everything :D have best of both worlds :lol:

Piyush

Lanaya
yea rofl seriously damn the 4GB of ram and get 2GB it is more than enough @ 1600mhz ... get that and be happy then you can get everything :D have best of both worlds :lol:
yeah rite
i dunno why ppl keep suggesting :
get 4 gb ddr3 gskill/xms dominator....bla bla bla

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
oh... that's because of heatsinks and overclocking ability with sexy designs

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

even i use xms3....

OP
armon300

armon300

Broken In
You know what.. Sometimes.. You just have to happy with what you have. ;)

I'll stick to original build, and make sure I'll get a good RAM. Later on, I'll get a GPU that's gonna blow the pants off ALL available GPUs at that time. :p

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

OR

get the HD5770 and MSI board, and get the 4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Kingston ram. And then I just won't OC. ;)
All depends on the price and availability in NP.

Thanks guys!

Piyush

Lanaya
You know what.. Sometimes.. You just have to happy with what you have. ;)

I'll stick to original build, and make sure I'll get a good RAM. Later on, I'll get a GPU that's gonna blow the pants off ALL available GPUs at that time. :p

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

OR

get the HD5770 and MSI board, and get the 4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Kingston ram. And then I just won't OC. ;)
All depends on the price and availability in NP.

Thanks guys!
yeah:p
that's more like it
go for the 2nd option

OP
armon300

armon300

Broken In
CPU/Processor = AMD Athlon II X4 630

Hard Drive = Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue

Monitor = BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor

Cabinet = Cooler Master Elite 310 at SMC + 2x120MM CM fans

Power Supply = Corsair VX450

Keyboard = Logitech/Microsoft

Optical Drive = Sony Optiarc / LG 22X SATA DVD-RW

And for Mobo, GPU and RAM, 2 combinations:

Biostar TA785G3 HD
Sapphire HD5750 DDR5 1GB
Gskill/Corsair 4GB(2*2) DDR3 1600MHz RAM

OR

W/O OCing

MSI 785G-E53
Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5
Kingston 4GB(2*2) 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

Piyush

Lanaya
CPU/Processor = AMD Athlon II X4 630

Hard Drive = Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue

Monitor = BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor

Cabinet = Cooler Master Elite 310 at SMC + 2x120MM CM fans

Power Supply = Corsair VX450

Keyboard = Logitech/Microsoft

Optical Drive = Sony Optiarc / LG 22X SATA DVD-RW

And for Mobo, GPU and RAM, 2 combinations:

Biostar TA785G3 HD
Sapphire HD5750 DDR5 1GB
Gskill/Corsair 4GB(2*2) DDR3 1600MHz RAM

OR

W/O OCing

MSI 785G-E53
this one

MSI 785G-E53

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

anyways
apart from ur rig if u wanna read a cool article on "Basic guide for mobo selection"
then fly here
Best Of Tom’s Hardware: Beginner’s Guide To Motherboard Selection

OP
armon300

armon300

Broken In
Will give it a read, thanks man. Good luck on Sanskrit tomorrow, I opted for German, and it's damn easy.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

This is my last post on this thread.

@asigh here are the benchmarks... also i dont think you are my twitter or some buddy ...
dude rofl.... you cant run a dual crossfire 5890 cards with a p4 processor @ 10ghz ? Can you

Thanks for sharing those benchmarks. If you had looked at the numbers you would have realized what they speak. On the lowest possible resolution, with all affects turned off, you are getting useless FPS rates. Those are not playable. Ok, a RPG or Action adventure would be fine, but never a FPS. And when did I say, HD5890 can be run on a P4 @ 10 Ghz.

@asigh
It's kind of obvious everyone would get 1TB as the price it's available at nowadays is very affordable.. But see, trend is important, but what matters more is my requirement really.
And logic and myth have no connection whatsoever, IMO. I was under the impression that, a stickied thread in such a forum wouldn't be based on myths, but on facts of recurring mishaps (statistics).
About HD5750, well, it's what I can afford at this time. Maybe afterwards in the future I'll have a higher budget (and requirement) for the GPU, then I'll spend more on it for sure.
And that HDx7xx pattern makes sense.. I didn't notice. :-o
Even the HD4000 series, HD48xx series were the top end. Ahhh.. the relief I get after seeing some logical normal pattern.. damn I have to read up more on this ATI stuff. Don't mind my limited knowledge.. I've just had a week of reviewing.. :?
Good that you are narrowing down to your system. Do not whine, when you try to play games and that GPU will not deliver. The numbers speak.

man i am not starting a flame war.... this guy is just posting like that ....:grr: :D waise he does not know how much the performance of a gpu depends on the cpu...

Yes, I do not know how much a performance of a GPU is dependent on a CPU. I hate to say this, but the number of posts you have here, I have advised more people than that on system builds from scratch, and they are just dandy and happy. If you have doubt, do a pattern search here on the GPU thread with my name, and you can see the 'level' of knowledge I possess. If not more, it does equal your knowledge pertaining to the same. So keep your juvenile comments to your self. Also if in doubt, see my signature, and it speaks enough.

For the record:
Happy purchasing. Will be waiting here, when people come back with complaints and whine, that they are not getting performance. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
dude you are gawd for all i care.... also i think 60 fps is not useless? is it ??

also what i mean by that statement was that you were trying to say that you need to compromise on other components and the most important thing in a pc would be the gpu....

also duh... if you can suggest a better config to him which suits his needs and budget be my guest

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

[/COLOR]rofl i was looking at his signature..... HD 4890 Xfire??? rofl WTF is that ?

Last edited by a moderator:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@amron300, HD5670 or HD5750 is good for casual gaming. try serious gaming & all the fun wil vanish sooner than you expect.

Good that you are narrowing down to your system. Do not whine, when you try to play games and that GPU will not deliver. The numbers speak.

i think he safe in 20". low resolution, mid details & game should run smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom