new system

ncoder

Broken In
in my last thread as i said i am going to buy new system
But many part were not avilable at the shop ( DCC pune )
I also ask them for i5 2500k , but they have no idea when it will be available .

so here is what i am going to buy
also price given by then ..

i5 760 - 10500
Asus P7h 55 dm pro - 6300
Ram 4 gb - 2500
1tb seaget - 3000
Cabinat i-ball - 1400
logitec KB - 400
Ati - 4670 - 3700

total - 27800
300 discount
after discount 27500

please suggest me any changes ..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Prices are high buddy.

Avoid the iball cabby at all cost and the 4670 too.

You can get a p55 mobo at the price of that asus.

I suggest you to wait for sandybridge and don't splurge your money on old hardware.

ssb1551

Technomancer
The prices are marginally higher than that of the online stores.You can get i5 760 for 9.6k at theitwares, Seagate 1TB HDD for 2.8k.But its all marginal.But dude just wait for a week or two.Sandybridge will be readily & widely available by then.

OP
N

ncoder

Broken In
that's the problem i can't wait , but i will try to wait as long as i can .
actually i have complete some projects and the softwares i use do not work on my old pc
( p3)

Yes i also think price are high , i don't want to buy anything online .
Can any one from pune confirm the price .

and p55 mobo was not available at dcc .

@vickybat what's wrong with iball cabinet ?
i can spend 2k , which cabinet u want to suggest , also at dcc only circle and iball cabinet were available .

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
if you can wait till next week, it will be good. if not fill the pc build questionnaire template or give a link to your last thread please.

OP
N

ncoder

Broken In
please tell me if Asus P7h 55 dm pro is good ?
cause others are not avilable at store , but if this mobo is not worth buying , plz suggest me another one for nearly same price .

My old thred

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/135550-suggest-me-new-pc.html

@vickybat what's wrong with iball cabinet ?
i can spend 2k , which cabinet u want to suggest , also at dcc only circle and iball cabinet were available .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
iball cabinet: bad ventilation + India's crappiest PSU (you'll know in 1yr what i am talking about) & lastly, it looks cheap. never neglect the PSU & cabby. keep 2k for PSU + 1.5k for cabby (bare minimum for a standard PC).

you can say some of your friend using PC with iball PSU for 2yrs. yes some works but most of them fail. and when they fail, theres high chance they damage PC parts that service center guys will point out as "physical damage". than? warranty void just cause of a bad PSU.

order a FSP Saga II 350-400W online (buy a cabinet without PSU locally). at least you won't regret later. if you can, get a better PSU.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Fully agreed with sam.shab. Go for a nzxt gamma @ 2k or cm elite 30 @ 1.5k for cabby. For psu , sam's choices are great. Fsp saga II 500 is also a good choice and can power all midranged graphics cards with single pciex power connectors.

For a better psu, try corsair vx 450 @ 3.5k or higher according to your needs.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
since you wont overclock -

Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.7k
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H @ 7.5k
Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB * 2 @ 2.4k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ 2.8k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
CM USP 100 @ 3k

Total - 29.1k

you wont need a entry level gpu now. add a mid or high end card later and enjoy the games.
further you can look at Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k if you will add a high end card in future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom