New samsung Galaxy Music Duos S6012 battery draining too fast?

quicky008

Technomancer
A friend of mine recently purchased a Samsung galaxy music S6012-its an android device and ships with ICS by default.However,it has come to his notice that the battery on his phone has been draining too fast since the day it was purchased.It just seems to be depleting one percent every 3 minutes of use and so he's worried that his phone may be defective.To find out what the problem was,i examined the phone and found that various connectivity options like GPS,bluetooth etc were disabled and only a few apps such as the music player,avast av,google play store etc were running in the background-so it seems the unusual battery drain was not being caused by any of these factors.Can anyone suggest what can be done to reduce the alarmingly high battery consumption of this phone?Is the phone defective and does he need to get it thoroughly checked by a Samsung technician?

Last edited:

mk15

Broken In
I had same problem with note2 but the depletion rate was higher. Turned out its mobo was fried. Better get it checked at service centre ASAP.

Top Bottom