New rig for 40k (will be upgrading in phases)

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
For RAM you can opt for Cash on Delivery from flipkart.
Link: Click Here

And for Motherboard, go for Asus P8Z68 V instead of (V- PRO). It may help you to reduce your budget a bit.

Flipkart selling ram :shock: too look like it will give tough competition to other big shops like Prime, SMC, etc.

OP
andcha

andcha

Broken In
And for Motherboard, go for Asus P8Z68 V instead of (V- PRO). It may help you to reduce your budget a bit.

The additional features/addons in V Pro are:

1. 2 additional third party sata 6Gbps ports (might come handy in future)
2. Intel® LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY) (don't know what that is and don't care)
3. DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC
4. Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
5. 1 x ASUS USB 3.0 Bracket(s)

If the price difference is substantial and worth, I'll settle with P8Z68 V.

^^the main difference betwwen the two mb is 2 additional sataIII ports others r cosmetic gskill is recommended because it gives better latencies at higher clocks u can also look for the gskill Sniper as an alternative corsair vengence is good but the height may cause problems if u want to install big aftermarket cpu air coolers
& p8z68vpro is listed in itwares at 14K

Agree, Gskill is better. A friend has located one of their distributor in Nehru Place by the name of Tirupati Enterprises, will try them otherwise Sniper is already available.

So it seems MissionMonday could get successful and I am really glad to have consulted you all. Thank you guys :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

One good point to be noted here: That 6Gbps sata controller is nothing but sh!t.
If you are thinking about connecting SSD(s) to that connector, it will have problem. Presently, V-PRO sales @ 14K, which is a bit high. 2 months ago, it was around 12.2K (at kolkata) and then it was worth buying. Again, your decision depends on your budget.

I'm expecting other members will share their valuable feedback here about choosing V/V-PRO.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek

2. Intel® LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY) (don't know what that is and don't care)
3. DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC
4. Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
5. 1 x ASUS USB 3.0 Bracket(s)

1. Not worth the money unless you've got 2 or more ssds.
2. Dual Lan slot is only available in Deluxe.
3. Not worth as you will be upgrading Sound Card later.
4. Same as above.
5. I think your case comes with front usb 3.0 ports.

IMO, V-Pro is not worth money against V.

Top Bottom