New rig for 40k (will be upgrading in phases)

andcha

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Full HD Movies, Photoshop, Autocad, Internet and sometimes for Gaming (like COD, Need for speed at full resolution)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Not sure as of now

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 40k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Not sure, might experiment in future.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 250 Gigs would be sufficient keeping in mind the temporary price hike

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Full HD (1920 x 1080) and I already have one

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: I guess 3

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

A: Never built one, sure it'll be an assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?

A: ASAP

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes and it'll be great if Corei7 fits the budget because I am in position to upgrade every 2-3 months within a budget of 12-15k (or monthly 5k-6k)

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Yes there are, such as Screen, Keyboard, Speakers, Mouse & Sound Card

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Live in Delhi, will buy from Nehru Place

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: A good looking cabinet is a must, like those from coolermaster, etc.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes and it'll be great if Corei7 fits the budget because I am in position to upgrade every 2-3 months within a budget of 12-15k (or monthly 5k-6k)

Then wait for 2-3 months (if you can). That's the only way to fit in i7 processor or even i5 processor. :)

OP
andcha

andcha

Broken In
You know dude, if you read carefully, you'll find that I've clearly mentioned "If i7 fits the budget" and I have rated my hardware knowledge to 3.
Secondly, since I have already mentioned that I'll be buying today or day after (basically ASAP), your comment of waiting for 2-3 months was totally inappropriate and you know, there is a term given to these kind of comments, TROLLING.

Seriously guys, are all the great techies on holiday or what..

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
This is as quoted by Jaskanwar Singh under PC BUYING GUIDE POST

Sub 30k (Casual gaming,multi media)

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1100
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6790|7800
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1900
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800

| Total |25500

Optional upgrades for 30k -
Component | Make | Price Motherboard |Asus M5A97|5700

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This fits for the budget
And you should have checked out the post for PC buying guide where everything is given in detail by digit members.
And i don't think d6bmg had any bad intention while suggesting you to wait since he might have missed out that point of ur urgent purchase need.

A: A good looking cabinet is a must, like those from coolermaster, etc.
NZXT Gamma is a good looking cabinet and a very good VFM cabinet.
check this post:-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/137972-nzxt-gamma-great-cabinet.html

Last edited:
OP
andcha

andcha

Broken In
Thanks for replying jerrin_ss5. Actually I did checked that post, but since it was mentioned "July 2011" in subject, I ignored it assuming that the prices may have change. Take for eg. the price of HDD, at present a 500 gigs seagate costs around 4k.
About NZXT Gamma, it sure looks good specs wise but I am not sure about the looks.

Now here is what I have managed to cook from different posts at TD and some info from Nehru Place, and I have also revised by budget.

Component Make Price Quotation from Processor Core i7 2600k 15750 Nehru Place
Motherboard MSI Z68A GD55 B3 10192 TD
RAM G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) 1350 TD
HDD Wd/Seagate 500GB 7200 4000 Nehru Place
PSU FSP Saga II 500 2300 TD
Case Cooler Master (Scout/HAF 912 Advanced/???? In 5k range) ????
UPS Intex 1KVA 1800 TD
Dvd Writer Samsung/LG 900 Nehru Place
Total 41292 Upgrade 1 (in a month) Graphic Card Sapphire 6870 9900 TD
Total 9900 Upgrade 2 (in 2 months) RAM G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) 1350 TD
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 3750 TD
Total 5100 Upgarde 3 (in four months)
Sound Card 5.1 Channel ????

I am sure I have made some mistakes so please suggest some alterations/corrections in this config.

Last edited:

public_enema

Broken In
I would suggest one correction. The PSU. You could try to get a better brand such as corsair. Their builder series CX500 retails for around 3100 INR in Mumbai.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
get a better PSU from seasonic or corsair . You can opt for Corsair GS600 ~ 4.2K.

get UPS from numeric or APC. Intex have good batteries but bad electronics. Your choice.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
You know dude, if you read carefully, you'll find that I've clearly mentioned "If i7 fits the budget" and I have rated my hardware knowledge to 3.
Secondly, since I have already mentioned that I'll be buying today or day after (basically ASAP), your comment of waiting for 2-3 months was totally inappropriate and you know, there is a term given to these kind of comments, TROLLING.

I like you comment. d6bmg does not had any bad intention, if you say you can upgrade in 2-3 months and also intrested in i7 rig it is good to save money and directly buy i7..... The wait will be worth

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ andcha - Dude what are you thinking pairing i7+6870 with Saga II 500?? Go with avinandan's suggestion for the PSU if you are planning to get i7 2600k & 6870.

OP
andcha

andcha

Broken In
Thanks buddy, here is the altered config

Motherboard MSI Z68A GD55 B3 10000 TD
RAM Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-(4GBx1) 1650 TD
PSU Corsair GS600 4000 TD
Case Cooler Master (Scout/HAF 912 Advanced/???? In 5k range) 5000 Approx
UPS Intex 1KVA 1800 TD
Total 43100

Upgrade 1 (in a month) Graphic Card Sapphire 6870 9900 TD
Total 9900

Upgrade 2 (in 2 months) RAM Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-(4GBx1) 1650 TD
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 3750 TD
Total 5400

Upgarde 3 (in four months)
Sound Card 5.1 Channel ????

About UPS, I'll stay with Intex at present. If I ever feel like changing I'll use it in my office.

Any other alterations?

I like you comment. d6bmg does not had any bad intention, if you say you can upgrade in 2-3 months and also intrested in i7 rig it is good to save money and directly buy i7..... The wait will be worth

I understand and mine weren't bad either. Anyways, past is past and I have no hard feeling about it.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Upgarde 3 (in four months) ||
Sound Card |ASUS Xonar Essence STX |6.5K

One of the best cards out there in the market, bit of over-pricy.

Well, I do understand your point. :)

OP
andcha

andcha

Broken In
Few questions here

1. As the case already has 3-4 fans, is CPU Cooler really important?
2. Which case is better, Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced or HAF 922? personally I like HAF 912 Advanced because it has 4 USB ports on the front side.
3. Please review the configuration and tell me whether it's okay to go for because I'll be going to Nehru Place on Friday or Monday to finalize (BUY).

Motherboard MSI Z68A GD55 B3 10000 TD
RAM Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-(4GBx1) 1650 TD
PSU Corsair GS600 4000 TD
Case Cooler Master (Scout/HAF 912 Advanced/???? In 5k range) 5000 Approx
UPS Intex 1KVA 1800 TD
:grin:
Total 43100
:grin:

Thank you, altered accordingly.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
IMHO, HAF 912 Advanced is better choice. (~6K)

Reason: 1. It have 2 front USB3.0 ports. So you won't need any additional 3.5'' USB3.0 bays (saves your 700/-)
2. It have 2 200mm & one 120mm fans, enough for good (very good airflow)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@op since ur taking a K series processor i assume at some stage u will oc regarding cooler u can take hyper212+

public_enema

Broken In
Is the stacker 830SE still available? That was a sweet chassis. 7 120 MM Fans, removable motherboard tray. Amazing build quality.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek

Well, I do understand your point. :)

Where is Asus Xonar STX available for 6.5K ? I just checked pristine note it's available for 7.7K. Also Tell me the current price of ST.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
well good to see everyone's rolling in...
anyways @andcha i can see your budget seems to have increased to 40k good...
good config..

Top Bottom