New PSU required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
My Detailed Config is in Signature.

Reason for Update:

Bought GTX 560 Ti. While buying the PSU I didn't thought I will buy such high end card ever so opted for a Modest 450W.

Now My PSU is supporting this config when I have my CPU undervolted.

Currently it is 1.275 V down from 1.4V.

Now I have a Black Edition Phenom and CM 212 EVO so there is more of a urge than need to OC the baby High.

As soon as put the Voltage to 1.4 and Kick it to 3.8 GHz Temps of CPU are under thermal Limits but PSU Starts BEEPING i.e. Overload alarm.

So basically I am at the Very Border of its limits. Also havent stressed 560 Ti to max yet as only game I played on it is CnC 3 so far and that won't even sweat it.

I am looking for a High range W PSU which can support a Single High End Card + Head room for OC of both Card and Proccy.
Never going for a CF or SLI.

Modular ones will be preferred.

Budget - 5.5K odd.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
TX 750V2 @5.8K
Add 300/- to your budget and get that. Even a GS600 can power up 560ti, but I would suggest you to get that PSU mentioned by me only for future proofing and you will have no problem in overclocking CPU, gfx card and you can even add one sound card or another dedicated phyx card or even another 560ti to run SLI.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
+1 to the Corsair TX 750v2.
Yes the GS600 is well inside the budget but recommend you to get something beefier. as I remember ico saying it once-
"Nothing is truly futureproof in a PC excpet PSU"

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
But that's not modular :(

The extra cables really clutter my Mid Tower Cab.

I have a option to get a HX 650 (Modular) with for 5.5K is it a good deal? Its 1 yr old and has 6 years of warranty left.

I think its beefy enough for Any Single GFX Config with Any OC Processor.

CF or SLI is not a mandatory requirement for me but I think this one can also take a 560 Ti SLI.

If you're paranoid about cable-management, then get a modular one. 600+ watts is more than enough for your rig OC'd.

Seasonic S12II 620 @5.1k. This is a modular PSU as well.

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
there is something problem with flipkart naming i guess because This one is also S12II 620 and the one you mentioned is also S12 II 620:confused:
If I am right then it must be M12 II not S12 II.
Arghhhh:banghead:flipkart has gone mad the first and last pics are S12 II 620w non modular psu and the center one belongs to some other psu.( F U flipkart):-x

Last edited:
The one on Flipkart is S12II without a doubt. Forget the pictures. :)
I bought a CM Elite 311 from them. The pictures were those of CM Elite 311 Plus. So no worries.

However, TheItWares has it priced lower. Go for it then.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
modular PSUs cost above 6k - the cheapest one you can get is CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX 650W

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too bad the semi modular TX-M series is still not available here. :(

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I guess I will go for the 1 Year Old Used HX650 which is offered at Rs. 5.5 k.

Still 6 Years Warranty left is good enough I guess.

dibya_kol

In the zone
if u find TAGAN piperock BZ 600, go for it. It's a full moduler but chk worrenty before buy. Price should be within 6-6.5k.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it has only 3 years warranty .. so the deal Op is getting on the used HX650 ( post no. 13 ) is much more better ;-)

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA (950 Watts PSU)

Is this a good PSU? Warranty details are not provided hence asking.
Price is too goo for its wattage.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's SMPS is back in stock - great news. Only 5 available. If you can overlook the warranty part, that's a great SMPS. Drop a mail to SMC for warranty details.

Check the review here:-

GlacialTech GP-AX950AA 950W Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom