New PC Under 25K to 28k

anandharaja

In the zone
Hi,
i need to purchase a computer for my relation please tell the configuration under 25k to 28k.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Typing job, browsing and watching HD videos, for now no games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k to 28K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 8.1 in future windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: yes need monitor 20" 1920 x 1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: not applicable

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 5 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: i will build the system

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Tamilnadu, salem. mostly try to buy in local shop.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: i need intel configuration.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I suggest the forum's 30k config.

ProcessorIntel i3 41507,500
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH4,400
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,700
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyAntec BP3002,200
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,800
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total31,750

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
@ SaiyanGoku, thanks for your configuration, and not sure gigabyteM/B, Antec SMPS and Dell monitor available in my locality. so pls tell the alternative brands.
M/B : Intel or ASUS
Monitor: Samsung / LG / Acer

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get asus h81m -k Buy Online Asus H81M-K Motherboard in India
for monitor, see if you can get aoc i2269vwm. dell monitor should be available locally. check with different shops.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
^^ ok i will discuss about purchasing that in online to my relation. Please tell the samsung monitor. and harddisk is seagete model.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^^ ok i will discuss about purchasing that in online to my relation. Please tell the samsung monitor. and harddisk is seagete model.

Dell S2240L (IPS Panel, 1920*1080p resolution) is the best one you can get in your budget. In that range, samsung monitors have TN Panels with 1366*768p resolution. A monitor with that resolution is not worth buying in 2015.

WD is better, seagate gives refurbished drives in RMA.

Last edited:
OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
Today enquried about the prices, the retalier asked to go for i3 4130 and Asus 85 Chipset board. if i go with that what M/B model i choose. dell also available but he recommended to gor for LG because of service availability.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
how much does that b85 asus cost?
dell service is really great. dont believe these guys. they want to sell what they have,not what customer wants.

- - - Updated - - -

or consider aoc i2269vwm. not sure about the warranty though,

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Today enquried about the prices, the retalier asked to go for i3 4130 and Asus 85 Chipset board. if i go with that what M/B model i choose. dell also available but he recommended to go for LG because of service availability.

The shopkeeper doesn't offers service for warranty, the OEM does. Where do you live?
i3 4130 was released in July 2013. 4150 is an updated version of 4130.
B85 will only increase your budget unnecessarily with no practical gain for your requirement.

Don't buy what the shopkeeper says, he's there to do business.

- - - Updated - - -

dell service is really great. dont believe these guys. they want to sell what they have,not what customer wants.

- - - Updated - - -

or consider aoc i2269vwm. not sure about the warranty though,

AOC one costs more than the Dell one and will increase OP's budget. :|

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
AOC one costs more than the Dell one and will increase OP's budget. :|

it was available for 9k locally(ofcourse higher than dell),but online prices are even more higher.
it is also a very good monitor and can be considered as an alternative to s2240l.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone

he generally said b85 M/B cost is 5550 not sure about the model. dell also available he said avoid samsung. for fast service in my locality LG is good.

- - - Updated - - -

The shopkeeper doesn't offers service for warranty, the OEM does. Where do you live?
i3 4130 was released in July 2013. 4150 is an updated version of 4130.
B85 will only increase your budget unnecessarily with no practical gain for your requirement.

Don't buy what the shopkeeper says, he's there to do business.

Tamilnadu (Namakkal) He said 4150 have some problem not sure about that. ok if i go for 4130 which M/B can i choose Asus/Gigabyte. what about intel M/B? i like to enquire about this configuration to other retalier also. So tell ASUS /Gigabyte / Intel M/B for 4130/4150.

- - - Updated - - -

Intel DB85FL M/B is ok?

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
get a H81 mobo. Forget about B85. For monitor get what rijinpk1 suggested. Dell S2240L is way too glossy and you would end up disliking it probably.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
^^ Please suggest the different brand H81 motherboard models, gigabyte that model not available in my location.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ BIOSTAR H81MHP2 = 3600

Gigabyte one has HDMI port, not sure about the biostar one, though official page says it has. Couldn't find other h81 mobo with HDMI for the budget.

OT: I know you're concerned about the genuineness and warranty support of the parts bought online, but buying a not so good component because the better one isn't available on the spot is not worth it.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
^^ in my locality mostly they have intel , asus some specific model Gigabyte M/B. now my problem is to findout the monitor and motherboard as mentioned in the first post. i talked with my relative he is not intrested to purchase online and like to buy only in local. so if i don't get the M/B as specified, can i go for intel DB85FL M/B. whats wrong with the combination of 4130 and h85 chipset board? any thing is wrong please tell. i know price is bit high, i explained to him he said its ok. other than price any problem?

if GIGABYTE GA-H81M - S2PH is available means which revision can i go? latest is 2.1

Last edited:
^^ in my locality mostly they have intel , asus some specific model Gigabyte M/B. now my problem is to findout the monitor and motherboard as mentioned in the first post. i talked with my relative he is not intrested to purchase online and like to buy only in local. so if i don't get the M/B as specified, can i go for intel DB85FL M/B. whats wrong with the combination of 4130 and h85 chipset board? any thing is wrong please tell. i know price is bit high, i explained to him he said its ok. other than price any problem?

if GIGABYTE GA-H81M - S2PH is available means which revision can i go? latest is 2.1

Take a look at this page - LGA 1150 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

H81 vs B85

Max ram slots - 2 vs 4
Max USB 3.0 ports - 2 vs 4
Max Sata 3.0 ports - 4 vs 2

Try to find B85 based board. Tell us what's available in your place and we might be able to suggest the best out of it.

Top Bottom