New PC for 2D/3D Animation Work under 75K

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kotak has no credit cards worth getting,best cards for those spending mainly on online shopping are sbi simplyclick(2.5% reward points on amazon,1.25% on other online tranx incl wallet loading,0.01% on offline tranx,Rs.500 annual charges waived on spending more than 1lakh in year),icici amazon pay(life time free,5% unlimited cashback on amazon for prime members,2% other online tranx,1% offline tranx),axis flipkart(similar to icici amazon pay but for flipkart & not life time free as 500 annual charge waived on spending more than 2lakh in year). Other than these there are hdfc cards which also give good rewards but they have too many terms & conditions so you always need to calculate & plan for getting max benefit from them.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Kotak has no credit cards worth getting,best cards for those spending mainly on online shopping are sbi simplyclick(2.5% reward points on amazon,1.25% on other online tranx incl wallet loading,0.01% on offline tranx,Rs.500 annual charges waived on spending more than 1lakh in year),icici amazon pay(life time free,5% unlimited cashback on amazon for prime members,2% other online tranx,1% offline tranx),axis flipkart(similar to icici amazon pay but for flipkart & not life time free as 500 annual charge waived on spending more than 2lakh in year). Other than these there are hdfc cards which also give good rewards but they have too many terms & conditions so you always need to calculate & plan for getting max benefit from them.

Wow! You have very detailed information about credit cards. Actually I got my Kotak credit card with my salary account long back. Time to look for another one!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! You have very detailed information about credit cards. Actually I got my Kotak credit card with my salary account long back. Time to look for another one!
If you think that's detailed then you haven't seen enough,I have seen people posting in detail how to use 11 credit cards each for some specific usage to maximize their benefits.:)

toofan

Technomancer
Offline prices in big cities are generally lower then online prices. So chances are high you will save some money.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
If you think that's detailed then you haven't seen enough,I have seen people posting in detail how to use 11 credit cards each for some specific usage to maximize their benefits.:)

Ha ha.. Yes, I know few people like those who have multiple cards and try to maximize all the available benefits!
I'm not that aggressive in this area, and have just one card which I use mainly as a security layer for cashless transactions. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Offline prices in big cities are generally lower then online prices. So chances are high you will save some money.
Yes but primeabgb,mdcomputers,vedant,theitdepot are the biggest offline consumer shops in India for pc components specifically.It is just that their online prices are a bit higher than their offline prices because of the commission they have to pay to payment gateway services.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ha ha.. Yes, I know few people like those who have multiple cards and try to maximize all the available benefits!
I'm not that aggressive in this area, and have just one card which I use mainly as a security layer for cashless transactions. :)
Nowadays keeping one card is worth it only if it is some top-tier card,for everything else I think having 2-3 cards is minimum. Btw there is DCB bank Elite acc(25k min balance) debit card which gives flat 1.6% cashback on all debit card transactions capped to 2k/month & 20k/financial year.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Yes but primeabgb,mdcomputers,vedant,theitdepot are the biggest offline consumer shops in India for pc components specifically.It is just that their online prices are a bit higher than their offline prices because of the commission they have to pay to payment gateway services.

Yes true, they can easily avoid the payment gateway charges through offline sales! We can benefit from this if they pass on to customers.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Nowadays keeping one card is worth it only if it is some top-tier card,for everything else I think having 2-3 cards is minimum. Btw there is DCB bank Elite acc(25k min balance) debit card which gives flat 1.6% cashback on all debit card transactions capped to 2k/month & 20k/financial year.

Yes, it's quite common to have multiple cards these days. Somehow I'm still managing with just one!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, it's quite common to have multiple cards these days. Somehow I'm still managing with just one!
Managing with one card is fine,it is just that you are losing money in the form of extra benefits/savings of effectively using multiple cards.My friend also has only 1 credit card but it is a good one(3000+gst annual fee) but he use it effectively to get at least 7-10k worth of benefits per year so you can say he earns extra 4-7k/year from this card.:)

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Managing with one card is fine,it is just that you are losing money in the form of extra benefits/savings of effectively using multiple cards.My friend also has only 1 credit card but it is a good one(3000+gst annual fee) but he use it effectively to get at least 7-10k worth of benefits per year so you can say he earns extra 4-7k/year from this card.:)

That's great! If someone is spending that much so that card benefits may exceed the annual charges, it's definitely worth to pay for the card and get the best one! :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's great! If someone is spending that much so that card benefits may exceed the annual charges, it's definitely worth to pay for the card and get the best one! :)
Anyone with decent online spends can earn more than card charges.e.g.sbi simply click card gives Rs.500 amazon voucher for 2000 points & 10 points on any amazon purchase means that just buying 20000 worth of products on amazon in a year will recover your card cost & any other online transaction then is just bonus.Also just by paying all your bills online(electricity,water,gas,phone,broadband etc) I think one can easily reach 1 lakh spend in year which will then make sbi simplyclick card free as annual charges reversed on spending more than 1 lakh in year.

toofan

Technomancer
Today I got a cash back of Rs 5600 as amazon cashback for being spender of the day using sbi credit card. I bought 3600 from amazon during offer period. SBI card cashback of extra 5% is due on march 2020.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Anyone with decent online spends can earn more than card charges.e.g.sbi simply click card gives Rs.500 amazon voucher for 2000 points & 10 points on any amazon purchase means that just buying 20000 worth of products on amazon in a year will recover your card cost & any other online transaction then is just bonus.Also just by paying all your bills online(electricity,water,gas,phone,broadband etc) I think one can easily reach 1 lakh spend in year which will then make sbi simplyclick card free as annual charges reversed on spending more than 1 lakh in year.

Yes, that's true; these days one lac spending in a year is very normal. Need to look for another card!

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Today I got a cash back of Rs 5600 as amazon cashback for being spender of the day using sbi credit card. I bought 3600 from amazon during offer period. SBI card cashback of extra 5% is due on march 2020.

This is amazing deal! 9500 for R5 is steal; congratulations!

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
There is s twist in the story from my side. As we are trying to get the parts, today she discussed the config in her institute, and everyone including there objected for the AMD and insisted only on Intel processor for Adobe software. All the PC in the institute has Intel only. They suggested to go for Intel i7 9700K paired with Z390P motherboard, and now she is also unwilling to go for AMD.

She got an estimate for i7 9700K + Z390M and a cheaper UPS, all else being same, comes to 87,000 approx.

Hope it's not too bad.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is s twist in the story from my side. As we are trying to get the parts, today she discussed the config in her institute, and everyone including there objected for the AMD and insisted only on Intel processor for Adobe software. All the PC in the institute has Intel only. They suggested to go for Intel i7 9700K paired with Z390P motherboard, and now she is also unwilling to go for AMD.

She got an estimate for i7 9700K + Z390M and a cheaper UPS, all else being same, comes to 87,000 approx.

Hope it's not too bad.
Intel is "traditionally considered as better for adobe products" & it was indeed true in the past but negligible difference nowadays. Anyway even that is fine but do note that 9th gen intel processors run hot & 'k' version processor you don't even come with cpu cooler. Save some money & suggest her to get non-k version of 9700. Also I don't understand how the total system cost is coming 87k when i7 9700(that too non-k as k version costs ~2k more) costs ~31k & a good Z390 mobo costs ~17k plus add a good cpu cooler for ~5k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spender of the day means your total bill must have been quite high(50k+ maybe). Which sbi card is this btw,simplyclick or prime?

Top Bottom