New PC build around 1.20-1.40L

Kushal911

Right off the assembly line

Hello peeps! Planning my 3rd build more or less seeking inputs and stuff as I did for my last build way back in end of 2012!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans:Mostly will use for AAA Titles and MMOs a bit of casual streaming and recording. Also I use Photoshop, Maya and Premiere.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Around 1.20-1.40L. Not more than 1.50L.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes. I Currently have an i7 3770k PC was made at the end of 2012 and its working overclocked since day one till now at 4.4 Ghz no issues.(more detail below)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10 64bit.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:I have a 120 and a 500GB SSD will carry it over to the new build so can do saving here.Could add a 2TB HDD but can be added later.A bit more saving here.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:I have two monitors BenQ XL2430T 144hz( 1080p 24 inch main monitor) and a Samsung sada wala 21inch LCD monitor. A bit more saved here.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor/SSD/Keyboard/Mouse/Speakers/Headphones *Note* my old PSU Corsair HX850 gave away a a few months ago recently I send it back to RMA not sure if using that would be a good idea or buying a new one.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Soon waiting for release of aftermarket cards for the RX 5700.Not in particular hurry max to max would be definitely by Diwali since its near.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:The last two PCs I have co-assemble or and maintaining this current one now I think can build on own would be good experience for me as well!

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in MUMBAI and yes can buy locally I buy usually from PrimeABGB and some from Amazon.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Nothing much apart from a build and a small contradiction I have will mention below.

As I mentioned the monitor so yeah I prefer staying on 1080p still with 144hz performance than a 2k or 4k with 60hz maybe not into it just yet but still want a build that can make that transition.

My experience with the CPU cooling with the current system have been just nothing less than perfect.I have an i7 3770k and its running at 4.4Ghz heavy use since years at stock voltage (prolly got extremely lucky) and is cooled by a Noctua NH-D14 (only 2nd hand part in my build since they were out of stock) in a LianLi Lancool K-62 meshed front panel case.Easy cleaning and maintenance and top performance and no noise! Temps never went above 65C even in summers.

So I would like to carry this over in the new build as well if I get my hands on the new Noctua NH-D15s which seem to be always out of stock so was looking forward to build in a Phanteks Eclipse P350X or Fractal Design Meshify(out of stock).

This is the build I came up with :

Processor
AMD Ryzen7 3700x or AMD Ryzen 7 3800X or AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

GPU
Nvidia 2070 Super ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER AMP EXTREME Graphic Card ZT-T20710B-10P
or
RX 5700 series (waiting for em to launch a few days left)

MOBO
ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming AMD X570 ATX Gaming Motherboard

PSU
700-850 Watt 80+ Gold/Platinum Modular

RAM
3200 CL14 / CL16 8x2 16GB G-skill Prefer

Cooler Noctua NH-D15
or
Liquid cooler 260 radiator

Case
Phanteks Eclipse P350X Black Steel / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Cabinet PH-EC350PTG-DBK
or
Fractal Design Meshify C–Dark TG Blackout Tempered Glass

The above build rounds up to around the 1.40L mark also *note* I am not a PC geek so mistakes if any please feel free to correct me!

I went with this quotation to PrimeABGB a few days ago and regarding the 3900x I was told they don't have it yet and soon are gono get the OEM ones I asked they said without the box I have no clue didn't have much time cause I had to leave so if possible someone can clear me on it would be good like warranty etc on these OEM ones.

Processors and GPU I am not still sure to finalized because even if they mention it on website with price seem to be just placeholders and are not sure about the actual price since most of the stuff has the *releasing soon* tag to it

Could maybe settle for 3800x since availability of 3900x might seem an issue and could get maybe 2080 super not sure if it might fit.

Thats it! Sorry for the long post we don't really make PC every day once a few years so thought would be good to mention valid points of consideration! Looking forward to see input and or suggestions and thoughts on this! Thank You!

Last edited:
Top Bottom