New line of SE phones is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This just in............

All the mobile phones shown in 3GSM from Motorola & Nokia were 16M color based, thats 16bit color that we see on our computer screens. However SE, Samsung, & LG models were 262K colors based, oh comon....atleast by now SE & these other should have supported it, they are already using ATI/NVIDIA(portalplayer) chips in mobile phones

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Sony Ericsson relesed 2 new phones today.

Sony Ericsson W580I Walkman

*i.gsmarena.com/w/pics/sonyericsson/sonyericsson-w580-00.jpg

Sticking to a slider form factor & walkman branding this phone is replacement for W830i & W850i. Just 14 mm thin, this is the first slider phone even i will consider buying. Big screen, 240X320 resolution & most of the times I don't need the keypad too

Support EDGE & GPRS & 2 MP Camera

Sony Ericsson Z750i

More like the chik phone cos it's pink, but yeah, a really nice gift for your lady friends

*i.gsmarena.com/w/pics/sonyericsson/sonyericsson-z750-00.jpg

yogi_7272

Broken In
but according to gsmarena .. the camera of k550i is not as good as k750i
i have seen k550i .. personally did not like it that much over k750i ..price is soemwhere around 10.5 k

K

krazyfrog

That Z750i looks exactly like Z610i from outside. Even inside its nearly the same.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
To tell u the truth I m just in love with W580i. It is everything i wanted in a phone. EDGE + Slim body & big screen. For 14mm this is the only slider phone i will consider buying

Sykora

I see right through you.
I really like it too, but just when I fall in love with one phone, SE releases another awesome one. I guess that's just good marketing tactics. How much will the W580 be?

K

krazyfrog

gx dude, Sykora asked about W580i and not W850i. W580i would be around 25k.

Sykora

I see right through you.
Gizmodo says that the W580 is "mid-range" phone, and will release stateside first in Q3-2007. That would put it around late Q3 in India. Too late. I'm going for W880.

Pathik

Google Bot
W580i shd be arnd 12-14k at launch.. @krazy wat happened to ur new cell plans.. U decided on any?

K

krazyfrog

I don't think pathik it would be that cheap. It has all the features of W880i and some more. W880i costs 23k. So thats why W580i should be around 25k.
About my cell phone plans, they seem to be going down a nice big drain. My parents are planning a nice vacation this summer and something as 'useless' as a cell phone is definitely not worthy of spending money on according to them. Didn't i tell you you'll get your phone before i do. Now i can just bang my qd in despair.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
W580is is a mid range phone, it will be priced close to K550i. People will have a choice between this & K550i in mid range segment. I prefer this

K

krazyfrog

Ok so i missed the fact that W580i doesn't have 3G. Still it won't come below 17k. W830i comes for 17k and W580i is better so obviously it'd more expensive.

Pathik

Google Bot
the only difference btwn 580 and 830 is that 580 has a2dp and comes wit 512 m2 and 830 comes wit 1gb mem pro duo...
is there any other diff i hav missed????

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Comparision of W580i & W830i

The notable difference

Dimension

W580i = 99 x 47 x 14 mm. 94gm
W830i = 98 x 47 x 21 mm 116gm

K580i = Memory Stick Micro (M2), 512 MB card included, 12 MB internal memory

W830i = Memory Stick Duo Pro, 1 GB card included, , 16 MB internal memory

rest is almost same. Just due to form factor i prefer W580i, comon...14mm is hard to resist guys. Walkman phones are Media phones & it is better to go with a phone with 320X240 Pixel resolution now.

K series is different, thats for camera so 176X220 pixel resolution is good. Besides it will stretch the video full screen while playing which 320X240 screens don't need to. W880i is also good but it lacks EDGE (3G is not available in India) so does W888i

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
HUGE PROBLEM, My sister just saw the pic of Z750i :D & her credit card is jumping out of her bag.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Great! So while its jumping try and persuade her to buy you a phone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom