new flagship phone

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
hi everyone

my sister has galaxy note 3 and she now wants to upgrade. shes looking for phones with fast charging feature.
she was thinking of note 5 but got discouraged due to no expandable memory.

i have thought of :
nexus 5x
sony z5 premium
lumia 950
moto turbo

what do u guys think?are there more bang for the buck flagships available or on their way?

Sony Z5?? No need to buy the premium one as most people always end up putting a case & its back is very slippery... BTW they have dual SIM support with SD card slot too

5X has 32GB version with no SD card, why even consider that over Note 5??

If you can afford, get 64GB Note 5 (32GB should be enough for most people, though)

Windows 10 Mobile still isn't anywhere near Android, so Lumia 950 can be striked out unless you want to use Continuum

Moto Turbo is heavy n not so great design... Note 4 is still a good buy

BTW Sony doesn't supply quick charger in the box but Samsung does

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Windows 10 Mobile still isn't anywhere near Android, so Lumia 950 can be striked out unless you want to use Continuum
s

Im afraid I dont quite agree with that
Android lacks alot of extremely basic stuff that Windows 10 Mobile and even ios excel at
As a phone OS(keeping the more consumer oriented apps and games aside), Id any day buy another windows phone than another android
this is coming from someone who has a Lumia 720 and Nexus 5 and 7 as his daily phones and a former android fanboy until I tried BB10,ios and WP8

- - - Updated - - -

hi everyone

my sister has galaxy note 3 and she now wants to upgrade. shes looking for phones with fast charging feature.
she was thinking of note 5 but got discouraged due to no expandable memory.

i have thought of :
nexus 5x
sony z5 premium
lumia 950
moto turbo

what do u guys think?are there more bang for the buck flagships available or on their way?

You want camera, battery life etc then the 950 is a no-brainer as it simply excels in that department
only cons are lack of snapchat and a few games here and there but the app store is fast rising and the OS is really a pleasure to operate

Note 5 is a good phone but its poor battery life and no expandable storage is a no-go imho

Xperia Z5 premium sadly has loads of overheating issues and camera is not that great anymore despite its sensor being used in other non-sony handsets which take better photos

Moto Turbo is truly an amazing flagship except for poor camera and front design(has hardware capacitive keys), otherwise a good buy overall

Nexus 5X is awesome but battery life and lack of expandable storage is a con

Have you considered the Moto X series as well btw?
they have improved upon the camera and battery life and its buttery smooth etc to use
Im gonna be honest here and say im not as great a fan of android as most of the people here (for my own reasons and frustrations with my gadgets) but Moto really does a great job and if I ever buy another android, itll surely be a Moto

Im afraid I dont quite agree with that
Android lacks alot of extremely basic stuff that Windows 10 Mobile and even ios excel at

- - - Updated - - -

You want camera, battery life etc then the 950 is a no-brainer as it simply excels in that department

Please enlighten me on what Android lacks?

Lumia 950 has an average battery life, similar to G4, as said in many reviews. Although I agree it has a great camera & screen though.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
thank you for ur reply guys
yeah my sister doesnt game so she can definitely find lumia 950 a butler for office work, given the dock and expansion upto 2tb shell have a mini pc at her disposal all the time. the only doubt i had was is the ecosystem good enuf to switch from the note series.also how much difference in performace do the 950 and 950xl have?

among samsung phones my sister said she might go for s6 edge i suggested her that note 5 is a deal breaker due to non removable battery and no micro sd.so she should go for note 4 coz at the end of the day she will get more value for her note 3 when buying samsung phones.

what do u guys say about Qiku q terra and lenovo vibe p1 like phones they might not have few features but they are definitely flagship killers at those prices? are they worthy of being note succesors?

Lenovo Vibe P1 is good but still not an upgrade over Note 3 in all respects... (Great for 16k though)

Note 4 & Note 5 are better options

Windows Phone has a bright future, but still its lagging behind Android. If you can live with the selection of apps available in WP & its average battery life (worse than Note 3), then Lumia 950/950 XL are also good choice

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Lenovo Vibe P1 is good but still not an upgrade over Note 3 in all respects... (Great for 16k though)

Note 4 & Note 5 are better options

Windows Phone has a bright future, but still its lagging behind Android. If you can live with the selection of apps available in WP & its average battery life (worse than Note 3), then Lumia 950/950 XL are also good choice

battery life is better than Note series for sure
my dad just switched from Note 3 to 950XL
also its not lagging behind android
android has its own basic issues especially since lollipop update
speaking from my own experience with Nexus 5

- - - Updated - - -

Please enlighten me on what Android lacks?

Lumia 950 has an average battery life, similar to G4, as said in many reviews. Although I agree it has a great camera & screen though.

this is a discussion we have had many times on the forums and the main fact still remains that you havent owned a windows phone and simply hate on it
I on the other hand have tried all platforms

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for ur reply guys
yeah my sister doesnt game so she can definitely find lumia 950 a butler for office work, given the dock and expansion upto 2tb shell have a mini pc at her disposal all the time. the only doubt i had was is the ecosystem good enuf to switch from the note series.also how much difference in performace do the 950 and 950xl have?

among samsung phones my sister said she might go for s6 edge i suggested her that note 5 is a deal breaker due to non removable battery and no micro sd.so she should go for note 4 coz at the end of the day she will get more value for her note 3 when buying samsung phones.

what do u guys say about Qiku q terra and lenovo vibe p1 like phones they might not have few features but they are definitely flagship killers at those prices? are they worthy of being note succesors?

I wouldnt suggest the Lenovo adn Qiku because of poor after sales and poor dev support
950 is an excellent buy but just keep in mind, it does not have snapchat , otherwise a very worthy phone
if you must buy an android, the Moto X line-up is the best

rachitrt23

Broken In
Lol. So you have tried all the platforms means you know it all? Please point out the things that android lacks as questioned by anupam. I have tried it all isn't an answer.
OP Note 5 is great. 950 have great screen and camera that i agree but WP is not quite there yet. Battery is average on 950 though. If you expendable storage then Lg G4 is the one to get.

battery life is better than Note series for sure
my dad just switched from Note 3 to 950XL
also its not lagging behind android
android has its own basic issues especially since lollipop update
speaking from my own experience with Nexus 5

- - - Updated - - -

this is a discussion we have had many times on the forums and the main fact still remains that you havent owned a windows phone and simply hate on it
I on the other hand have tried all platforms

Yeah, its true that I haven't owned a WP, but I have used Lumia 700, 520, 720, 1020 & 920... My views are based on what 2 of my friends think after switching to WP from Android & my hands on experience on those phones

I don't hate WP (I hate Apple :twisted: ).... I hope WP will one day surpass iOS & provide a good competition to Android

I haven't used WP10, waiting for my friend's L920 to get the update

950XL may provide battery life similar to Note 3 but 950 is average (similar to G4, maybe Qualcomm is to be blamed) [Based on reviews, purely]
The only WP which provides good battery life is L720 & 730 (My friend is happy with its battery life & he just uses phone for pics, chatting, fb n browsing)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
you cannot judge a phone/OS without owning it first
I respect your opinion but since I have a better hands on with Android,ios, windows phone and BB10 at the same time, I pretty much trust my own opinion more
as a mobile OS, Windows Phone pleases more
Android has its own very basic level annoyances which is why I cannot bring myself to use it daily

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Lol. So you have tried all the platforms means you know it all? Please point out the things that android lacks as questioned by anupam. I have tried it all isn't an answer.
OP Note 5 is great. 950 have great screen and camera that i agree but WP is not quite there yet. Battery is average on 950 though. If you expendable storage then Lg G4 is the one to get.

funny how you want to challenge someone elses experience whereas you probably havent owned a windows phone
come back when you have tried something non-android

preference and variety are the beauty of technology and hence I neither hate not love any platform but I cannot stand people who blindly hate on another platform and refuse to accept some hard truths

rachitrt23

Broken In
How can you say i don't own one? Lol. Please. Experience=facts as it can be biased. Also You still haven't pointed out the basic niggles that android has?
Except for good camera app WP is mostly below iOS n Android. And that's my opinion. OP can use the devices himself to see what suits him

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Com on guys. Don't know why can't we have a civilized discussion. PLEASE be careful not to go personal on each other.

[MENTION=26956]aby geek[/MENTION]: I think first you need to decide which platform to choose. Windows or Android. You are best to decide it on your own. Lets not make this a Android vs Windows threads. And I do agree, both have enough features to boast upon and enough kinks too. So once you decide on which platform to choose, then we can have better decision keeping in just platform specific models.

rachitrt23

Broken In
Pardon for derailing.
As Vyom said OP decide on the platform first. Cuz hardware wise both WP and Android have great options.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
i did not mean to start a debate ,i was just conforming wether the new lumias were a worthy consideration because i quiet liked the package.

as for waiting ill ask my sister and update you all wether shell wait for the next flagships or not.

the.one

In the zone
I'd suggest if she wants to try out wp then get a L640/640XL. If u don't find it that great u wouldn't atleast have spent a lot.

As far as my exp goes with wp, I struggled to use it for last 2.5 yrs, I think it was because the L720 was too slow for me in daily use. But it felt better in the newer lumias 730/640/640 xl. Even then I wanted to stay away from it until wp matures a bit more and got myself Oneplus x which is serving me great as a daily phone.

Top Bottom