New DSLR to buy

mastervk

In the zone
ok, so you are saying to buy Tamron SP AF 70-300mm F/4-5,6 Di VC USD (for Canon Digital SLR) Lens

In reviews I am seeing a very good review almost everywhere.. also price difference between it and corresponding canon lens is almost 10K..so thinking of buying it.
Want to buy it for bird photography and also use general purpose.
Will post photos of Tamron 17-55 2.8 later
:)

for bird photography even 300mm will not be enough but it will be good start..try the lens before buying as i have found myself using 55-250/70-300 less frequently( though it will be great for street photography)

sujoyp

Grand Master
having a 55-250/55-200/70-300 etc lens in kit is always good...I can use it in shows, some birding, street photography etc...y do you think nikon 70-200 2.8 VRII or canon 70-200 L IS is soo much popular

But yes for birding longer is better...but after 300mm everything goes for high cost... for canon it goes like this costwise

Tamron 70-300 VC USD
Canon 70-300 IS USM
Sigma 150-500 HSM OS
Canon 400mm 5.6
Canon 300mm f4 IS
Sigma 50-500 OS HSM
Canon 100-400

:D :D :)

mastervk

In the zone
ya all these lens are so expensive and now after increase in price have become more expensive..

BTW how good is tamron 17-50 2.8 compared to 18-55 kit lens (apart from 2.8 advantage)...is the image quality and sharpness significantly better and noticeable (not pixel peeping) ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
@mastervk ....I dont have any first hand experience with tamron 17-50 2.8...but what I know is nikon or canon version cost too much dont remember exactly but like 60k or something ...and the pricing is due to f2.8 :D

Everyone who got this lens is very happy even if it dont have AFS type fast focus system nor it have VR ....the lens have very good low light capabilities...its 1mm wider than 18-55 ....and having a 2.8 aperture helps in everything from bokeh to performance.

for more information u have to read reviews

mastervk

In the zone
@mastervk ....I dont have any first hand experience with tamron 17-50 2.8...but what I know is nikon or canon version cost too much dont remember exactly but like 60k or something ...and the pricing is due to f2.8 :D

Everyone who got this lens is very happy even if it dont have AFS type fast focus system nor it have VR ....the lens have very good low light capabilities...its 1mm wider than 18-55 ....and having a 2.8 aperture helps in everything from bokeh to performance.

for more information u have to read reviews

i think tamron 17-50 2.8 non VC is around $499 at amazon.. is 60 K for VC version...i have read many reviews and all reviews are good for the lens..i will compare some pics in flicker and see..

if we use kit lens at f8 and tamron at f8 ,how much image quality will differ ??

sujoyp

Grand Master
This is nikon 17-55 2.8 cost above 1000$ at amazon -->Amazon.com: Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens: Camera & Photo

this is canon 17-55 2.8 USM cost 1000$ + at amazon -->Amazon.com: Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

Tamron 17-55 2.8 VC version is around 35k but people say non-VC is sharper

I think at f8 both lens would be equally sharp...we need 2.8 more for backkground blurring and low light :)

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
ya all these lens are so expensive and now after increase in price have become more expensive..

BTW how good is tamron 17-50 2.8 compared to 18-55 kit lens (apart from 2.8 advantage)...is the image quality and sharpness significantly better and noticeable (not pixel peeping) ..
just too good man..very sharp

sujoyp

Grand Master
check this link --> Gaffarbhai and Sons » A500FBH2

talk to the owner about the deal...he will give u account no ..transfer the money and u will get in 3-4 days....he is a known shop of mumbai

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
check this link --> Gaffarbhai and Sons » A500FBH2

talk to the owner about the deal...he will give u account no ..transfer the money and u will get in 3-4 days....he is a known shop of mumbai

thank you dear..

also any suggestion for bags to carry camera with lens (maximum 3) with Laptop...

sujoyp

Grand Master
actually i cant suggest u bag coz its no tech thing...companies like lowepro,tamrac makes good bag and i have used both of them...go to flipkart and select the bag according to design,size,budget :)

I have a lowepro prorunner 200AW and its a backpack style bag...it will take all the equipment u have.

BTW bags r of many types...sholder bag,backpack,back pack with quick access, sling bag,backpack with laptop space etc...soo 1st think what u need before searching :)

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
actually i cant suggest u bag coz its no tech thing...companies like lowepro,tamrac makes good bag and i have used both of them...go to flipkart and select the bag according to design,size,budget :)

I have a lowepro prorunner 200AW and its a backpack style bag...it will take all the equipment u have.

BTW bags r of many types...sholder bag,backpack,back pack with quick access, sling bag,backpack with laptop space etc...soo 1st think what u need before searching :)

Backpack with laptop space I need..

sujoyp

Grand Master
I found Lowepro Fastpack 250 Multi Use Backpack idle for you
Lowepro Fastpack 250 Multi Use Backpack | Camera Bag | Flipkart.com

but its not in stock at flipkart

*img6.flixcart.com//image/camera-bag/backpack/q/p/y/lowepro-multi-use-backpack-fastpack-250-275x275-imad4gwcea3atgzx.jpeg

2nd option is Kata KT-DR-467i Digital Rucksack

Kata KT-DR-467i Digital Rucksack | Camera Bag | Flipkart.com

*img7.flixcart.com//image/camera-bag/rucksack/y/n/f/kata-digital-rucksack-kt-dr-467i-275x275-imad65eyvsxpzghe.jpeg

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
I found Lowepro Fastpack 250 Multi Use Backpack idle for you
Lowepro Fastpack 250 Multi Use Backpack | Camera Bag | Flipkart.com

but its not in stock at flipkart

*img6.flixcart.com//image/camera-bag/backpack/q/p/y/lowepro-multi-use-backpack-fastpack-250-275x275-imad4gwcea3atgzx.jpeg

2nd option is Kata KT-DR-467i Digital Rucksack

Kata KT-DR-467i Digital Rucksack | Camera Bag | Flipkart.com

*img7.flixcart.com//image/camera-bag/rucksack/y/n/f/kata-digital-rucksack-kt-dr-467i-275x275-imad65eyvsxpzghe.jpeg
thanks dear

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
Today I got delivery of the "SanDisk Extreme HD Video SDHC 16 GB 45MB/s UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card"

SanDisk Extreme HD Video SDHC 16 GB 45MB/s UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card | Memory Card | Flipkart.com

PromptSpace-Kushal

Right off the assembly line
Which one is recommended among these-

Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm VR Lens | eBay

Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens | eBay

New Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + EF 18-55mm IS II Lens + 4GB + Case | eBay

Canon EOS 550D Kit EF S 18-55mm IS II Lens With MFG Warranty | eBay

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
Which one is recommended among these-

Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm VR Lens | eBay

Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens | eBay

New Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + EF 18-55mm IS II Lens + 4GB + Case | eBay

Canon EOS 550D Kit EF S 18-55mm IS II Lens With MFG Warranty | eBay
i will go for the last one

sujoyp

Grand Master
congrats drsubhadip ...now post a pic of ur bag filled with gears...lets see how they look

Top Bottom