New Delhi need 512 kbps UL good Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I tried getting Airtel's 512 kbps internet connection for the office, but they are not willing to provide the home plan, but rather are forcing commercial plans which are double the prices on me.
MTNL doesn't have a 512 kbps Unlimited plan.
What other options do I have in South Delhi? Hauz Khas to be exact?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
No ISP will give you home plan for office. You are supposed to buy the commercial plan ONLY!

Offtopic: You look much better (and less scarier) after a shave! :D

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
hmmm.. never mind that. I just want to know if there are any good 512 ul providers in delhi.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
How big is your office?
We have 5 comps in office & a airtel basic 999 home plan in our office. (2 airtel connection)

What has airtel to do with home or office usage? as long as its not for commercial usage (internet cafe) they will & should give you any plan you need.

But since you need 512 UL, you would have to go for 2mbps connection which does not come with unlimited cost.
You will have to pay for up/down data flow.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
sorry about the confusion, I meant 512 kbps unlimited and not 512 upload. I had nearly finalized the deal when he suddenly said that he could not give a 512 unlimited connection for our office. It is just a church basically and we have like 20 computers. Internet use is extremely low and only for outlook pop3 download on all systems and web access for 3 systems, and other than me, people do not usually use the internet.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
See what we do is that not all comps are connected to the net, we asked just for 1 point where we connected 1 comp earlier later we used a hub with which now all comp are connected.

Just tell them u need only 1 comp for internet & mail checking & go for a basic plan right now, 2 months later u migrate to whatever u need.

Being an office with 20 comps they would suspect unlimited 512 connection to be used heavily hence they denied you, which they should not bcoz u r paying for bandwidth/speed so if u use 20 comps then the speed will still be the same & each comp will run slower, if u use 1 comp speed will be same but will run faster.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
u won't get an affordable 500 ul connection AND reliability.
If you really need 500 UL, then ur best bet is to approach local service providers (like cable wallahs) ,they take commercial plans and then redistribute them.

a 500 ul conenction from my cablewallah costs 1200-1500. They are complete noobs though and its a bit of a headache to be honest. They change your password without telling. Their login software 'locks' up occassionally , and general sar-dardi

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
that would be more than a headache for me as the IT person here. I am dissatisfied with MTNL because their service is poor. Cablewallahs are too difficult to handle. I am thinking of checking out tata indicom and reliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom