New beginner on linux....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Sure it does but he's a newbie. Let him first get a command over Linux after which he can move over to CLI. :)

No buddy whole linux philosophy lies in CL...wats ther in gui he can find new in linux...looks ?...he better can go for macosx then:-o

Rahim

Married!
^Sounding a little cheezy but one looks for appearance first and then whats underneathe the clothes :D

If one can do the GUI-way why would one bother about cli? I know some things can be easy and simple in CLI but why bother? Just to show-off geekiness i guess.

abhijangda

Padawan
^Sounding a little cheezy but one looks for appearance first and then whats underneathe the clothes :D

If one can do the GUI-way why would one bother about cli? I know some things can be easy and simple in CLI but why bother? Just to show-off geekiness i guess.
You are absolutely right a_rahim, CLI is just to show-off geekiness. But gopi_vbboy is also right, Linux is powerful when used with CLI. I think he should first get used to GUI then come to CLI.
Also u would accept that many things are easier in CLI than in GUI.

UI i linux are not much improved .As a power user , you cannot save yourself from using Console. Even the most basic users need to go for cli when it comes to root priviledges to work with .I alwys use UI wherever possible.

walkmanguru

Broken In
I have installed Fedora on seperate partition...but never used it...because audio wasnt working...and i also couldnt find ati graphics card driver...some1 please help...

Rahim

Married!
You are absolutely right a_rahim, CLI is just to show-off geekiness. But gopi_vbboy is also right, Linux is powerful when used with CLI. I think he should first get used to GUI then come to CLI.
Also u would accept that many things are easier in CLI than in GUI.
The only thing i am with is that new user don't require that cli-stuff because it is too much for a Windows user to learn how lInux works in the short run.
I use Linux only for surfing, multimedia and some office work and believe me i dont see the requirement to work with cli for those things. Ket geeks out of this topic :D
I dont doubt the powerfulness of this beast but to complicate simple matters for new users who are potential for this great philosophy, is a little unnecessary in 1st instance.
Let them be comfortable with how this side of the dark world works and then he/she automatically moves to cli because it is fun to do it!!

OFF-TOPIC: Can anybody help me to get Reliance Netconnect+ ZTE-AC2726 to work with Linux (Debian/Mint) because it a "fli=flop" device. I cant seem to make the OS to recognise it as a modem :(

abhijangda

Padawan
I have installed Fedora on seperate partition...but never used it...because audio wasnt working...and i also couldnt find ati graphics card driver...some1 please help...
Which Fedora version are u using. I m currently using Fedora 12 Constantine having ATI XPRESS200 Graphics card, both audio and video works well:razz:. In Fedora 11 there are many problem with ATI cards.:sad:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
The only thing i am with is that new user don't require that cli-stuff because it is too much for a Windows user to learn how lInux works in the short run.
I use Linux only for surfing, multimedia and some office work and believe me i dont see the requirement to work with cli for those things. Ket geeks out of this topic :D
I dont doubt the powerfulness of this beast but to complicate simple matters for new users who are potential for this great philosophy, is a little unnecessary in 1st instance.
Let them be comfortable with how this side of the dark world works and then he/she automatically moves to cli because it is fun to do it!!

OFF-TOPIC: Can anybody help me to get Reliance Netconnect+ ZTE-AC2726 to work with Linux (Debian/Mint) because it a "fli=flop" device. I cant seem to make the OS to recognise it as a modem :(

there u go...ur problem cant be solved in ur gui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom