Network Copy problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
Our 'Home network' is having problems. The network is made via a D-Link DIR-635 Wireless Router, which shares our ADSL connection, and also is used for file sharing.

There are problems copying files from one computer to another:

THE SOURCE SYSTEM:

The source is on a Windows Vista Ultimate System with a Core2Duo E6600, Intel DP965LT main board. The source pc is connected to the LAN via Ethernet and connected at 100Mbps.

THE DESTINATION SYSTEM:

The destination is on Windows XP Pro SP2, with a AMD Sempron 2400+ platform and MSI main board. The folder on the destination folder is shared, with full read and write access. The Destination pc is connected to the LAN via a wireless adapter from D-Link (USB adapter), connected at 54Mbps

The source file on I:\ cannot be copied to the shared folder on the destination system. The error says, cannot copy from source, not accessible.Initially the file starts to copy after a long delay of around 15-30 seconds and the transfer rate as shown on the source pc is around 200kb/s to 80kb/s. After completing around 8-12% of the copying, it fails. Trying to copy the file from the AMD platform also did not work.

Can anyone direct on who I should go about, to solve this problem?

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Make sure you are logged in on an admin account. Open a command prompt and type the following commands pressing enter after each command. This should enable guest access to all file shares and their subfiles/folders.

net user guest

net user guest /active:yes

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Can u copy any other file? If Yes then u can look for a spyware - if No then pls try from the other end I mean try to copy from the host to destination & vise-varsa both way.

OP

Journeyman
I have already tried copy a file from the destination to source. It didn't work either. And the problem is not with copying only one file

OP

Journeyman
I've tried with upgraded drivers for the Wifi adapter, and the signal strength is always above 70%.

anand1

In the zone
One thing you can do .

Now every drive in the PC which is connected to the network is by default shared named as Hidden Shares.

You can check it in any of the source or destination PC by goig through...
My Computer-Right Clik-Manage-Shared Folders-Shares
There you will find the Drive letters with a dollar sign like C$ thish shows that your systems C:\ drive is by default shared.

Now you can harnesh this default share in your case.
Just go to Start-Run-type-\\(your source ip address of the PC)\I:\ and press enter. You will be prompted for admin name and password and you can now share it and can do anything from it. For example \\192.168.1.5\c:\

But remember to set the password for the admin in both the PC

144 said:
Our 'Home network' is having problems. The network is made via a D-Link DIR-635 Wireless Router, which shares our ADSL connection, and also is used for file sharing.

There are problems copying files from one computer to another:

THE SOURCE SYSTEM:

The source is on a Windows Vista Ultimate System with a Core2Duo E6600, Intel DP965LT main board. The source pc is connected to the LAN via Ethernet and connected at 100Mbps.

THE DESTINATION SYSTEM:

The destination is on Windows XP Pro SP2, with a AMD Sempron 2400+ platform and MSI main board. The folder on the destination folder is shared, with full read and write access. The Destination pc is connected to the LAN via a wireless adapter from D-Link (USB adapter), connected at 54Mbps

The source file on I:\ cannot be copied to the shared folder on the destination system. The error says, cannot copy from source, not accessible.Initially the file starts to copy after a long delay of around 15-30 seconds and the transfer rate as shown on the source pc is around 200kb/s to 80kb/s. After completing around 8-12% of the copying, it fails. Trying to copy the file from the AMD platform also did not work.

Can anyone direct on who I should go about, to solve this problem?

Ok, Boot both the computers in safe mode with networking and then try to access or copy the files and see what happens?

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
also try to remove the shares & share again with full control (alow user to edit my file) on both the systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom