net cap.......!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hi yaaro....
need ur help n suggestion to this problem....

i hav 2 user accounts in xp (on a single system), i want to know any trick or tip so that i can limit the bandwidth usage on the guest account without affecting my own account. Im on 2mbps connection. That means, whenever the "home" user logs in the bandwidth or the net speed slows down (say nr around 256kbps) but whenever i'll login to my user account, i dont want any restriction. Bcoz im on limited plan and the other user is eating up my data limit, so i want to cap the net speed.

Hope u got my problem right......!!!:???:

Btw, y ppl r not logging in to this forum as earlier was.......??? A lots of tech gurus gayab hai is forum se aajkal....!!!

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I don't reckon there's a free way to stop someone from continuing to download stuff. You can try to restrict internet access for some amount of time. You can use software (Or just perfmon.exe, like me) to find out how much your guest is browsing.

As for paid options, I know of a software called NetLimiter which I found out when I had a measly 1GB download limit. Find it here:*www.netlimiter.com/. I have never used the full version of this software.

One more thing, try Microsoft SteadyState too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom