needs help ! with dslr

TechnoBOY

Padawan
hai guys i recently brought a dslr 1100d
is it outdated ??should i exchange with 1200d
what are the differences with 1200d and 1100d??is 12.2 vs 18 ,does it have any huge differences
is the image processes same ?
and dont care abt video shooting

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bro just dont care about these versions...concentrate on learning now. There is no huge difference...Lenses make more difference...save money for lenses

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes definitely...first use it properly...learn to use it...learn various techniques...and then maybe in 1-2 year you can change body if u require

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
yes definitely...first use it properly...learn to use it...learn various techniques...and then maybe in 1-2 year you can change body if u require
ok ,thnks bro could u suggest a semi pro model and which 1 u luv canon or nikon

sujoyp

Grand Master
Semi pro models are 60D,70D,7D in canon and D7000,D7100 in Nikon ...but if you are new to this DSLR world you need not spend more on DSLR body
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] where did he mention 75-300 ??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If bought outside, do you have India/international warranty? (Just curious, if Canon offers international warranty, can ask people to get it from US).
Yeah, dual lens kit combo is selling for ~25k (18-55 and 55-250).

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Your 1100 D is a very basic body which is good for people coming straight from Prosumers or Point & Shoots. Use it for some time and when you find that you actually need more controls over the parameters required for different situations its only then you should upgrade the body. I did the same. My first camera was a 600D which is excellent even today but then over a year of using it for birding and late evening ISO focusing FPS issues etc etc made me go for the 7D. Now I feel even 7D ain't good enough but the 5D Mark 3 or upcoming 4. Its never ending.So its totally need and use based requirement.

Now coming to lens. The first zoom I had for birding is my 55-250,I know its laughable but its sweet spot was at 200mm after which it gave distortion of various kinds from barrel to elemental etc etc.But the lens is good and is a very sharp copy. Then I got a 70-300 Tammy which was fast way better focusing and less distortion even that was not enough do I got a Tammy 150-600 excellent lens sharp as hell alls fine till I used my uncles prime 800 from Canon. There's no end to it so get only what you need. And I just don't need that 800mm L prime from Canon coz I'm not pro neither I work for NG nor I will go to Masaimara,so its up to you at the end of the day!

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
If bought outside, do you have India/international warranty? (Just curious, if Canon offers international warranty, can ask people to get it from US).
Yeah, dual lens kit combo is selling for ~25k (18-55 and 55-250).
dont know abt warranty i will ask and inform you

- - - Updated - - -

Your 1100 D is a very basic body which is good for people coming straight from Prosumers or Point & Shoots. Use it for some time and when you find that you actually need more controls over the parameters required for different situations its only then you should upgrade the body. I did the same. My first camera was a 600D which is excellent even today but then over a year of using it for birding and late evening ISO focusing FPS issues etc etc made me go for the 7D. Now I feel even 7D ain't good enough but the 5D Mark 3 or upcoming 4. Its never ending.So its totally need and use based requirement.

Now coming to lens. The first zoom I had for birding is my 55-250,I know its laughable but its sweet spot was at 200mm after which it gave distortion of various kinds from barrel to elemental etc etc.But the lens is good and is a very sharp copy. Then I got a 70-300 Tammy which was fast way better focusing and less distortion even that was not enough do I got a Tammy 150-600 excellent lens sharp as hell alls fine till I used my uncles prime 800 from Canon. There's no end to it so get only what you need. And I just don't need that 800mm L prime from Canon coz I'm not pro neither I work for NG nor I will go to Masaimara,so its up to you at the end of the day!
thaku :)

Top Bottom