Needed help/motivation. Stories of people who scored good in 12th by studying last minute.

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
thanks everyone ,
Will follow your tips accordingly,and guess what "sahi waqt par computer sath chod gaya" , omg this is second time my hdd is making clicking sound exactly 10-12 times (may be click of death symptom), anyway i will pack it up for next 2 months and go on with my explorer .
goodbye and thanks again everyone.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
If it makes you any more confortable i never studied for the sake of studying i focused on things i liked and just managed the non interesting stuff somehow.
and i always started studying in the last few days before exams in 10th and got 80% while the same strategy in 12th fetched me close to 64%(enough to get me into engineering).

Now lets come to engineering, i never studied for more than 2-3 days before exams and have scored between 60-75 during the 8 sems with my final avg around 66% at the end of engineering and yet currently i have a very good job(im a 2012 pass out and did not drop in any year), so moral of the story marks/score isn't everything, what you have in your head matters more :)
So study for knowledge not for marks(just try keeping the marks above the bare minimum required to qualify for interviews that is 60% xD).

Last but not the least, I never stopped playing games or using PC even during exams :p but i did manage the limited time i had properly by prioritizing stuff !

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
look at your marks division in your syllabus, leave the chapters that are hard to understand and carries less marks, better chew what you can bite
Ex- Pointers carries 2 marks out of 70, so i left it (comp)
EMW carries 3 marks and hard to understand, at first.. (phys)

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
you still got more than 2 months left.. Just dont fret over the fact that you havnt done much and studying.. Definately do the question bank and the last 10 years paper, the questions always repeat and they would be a great help..:)

And try not to leave anething.. Dont take chances and risk your percentage.. getting a 80-85% is not very difficult going by the present marking scheme..

All the best.. Happy studying..:)

shashankm

I reign hell..
Dude, 12th boards aren't one all and be all! I was a duffer, played cricket on the pre eve of every exams, still managed to score a meagre 64%, I am wondering how.
Pundits back then predicted me as a failure, complete wipe out, some of them even suggested me to retake the exam or book a berth in the express that runs daily between Delhi-Haridwar! Cut to present, I am employed in a respectable job, earning near to ample money and those who scored more than me are somehow a lesser mortals, though I wish them all the best.

So summarizing it, play it safe, within your limits, try to score over 60% as that may lead for a consideration in most of the corporates, rest life never depends upon on what you did in 12th! I am yet to apply the theory of optics, ED, etc. I learned in so far till now!

ratul

█████████████████
i just wanna add one more pt, yes you have to score >60% in 12th, coz it's the bare minimum, but you have time, and target for the >70%, coz i have seen many of my friends scoring <70% in 12th but having a 70% aggregate in b.tech, yet they were'nt allowed to sit in written for two companies coz they demanded 70% in 12th.. :(
I am not saying that scoring less will ruin you, i have seen a 50%'eer near my college grabbing a 50lacs job, coz he developed some algorithm.. :razz:
but coz u have time, try to aim at minimum of 70% so as to avoid any rejection in future.. :wink:
And best of luck.. :doublethumb:.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
always remember one thing " An Answersheet of your exam ain't gonna decide your future , 12th is just the beginning, we are going to face more practical problems in future" and three months are more than enough to score 85% and above, come on, instead of doing hard work, do smart work, refer to sampler papers from net, they are the only one going to boost your score.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
In grade 12, Stream- Engineering (Physics+CHEM+Math)
Board Exams start on the 5th of March
A little depressed.
Wish I could hear some stories (REAL) of people who made it out with PCM, Grade 12 with good grades(over all 80-85%) by studying in the last 3 months.
Would help me get a bit motivated. Only a month and a half left! :(
Ive tried studying hard, but only from December.
Just wanna know if its possible, to score good in such little time. Im worried and a bit stressed. Would love help from somebody who was in my situation yet by working hard , scored good grades in 12th. Im an intelligent guy, but too lazy.

PS
Please! No, "Shouldve studied bro, sucks to be you", "Huh, LOSER!''. "Now there is no time left" "you shall not passs!!!!" or any other of that demotivating stuff. AND I dont want any of those Sarcastic posts making fun of me. You will cause more pain than you can Imagine! :|
And this stuff too: "nothing is impossible", "study 28 hours a day and you will make it!" "Scoring good is not everything"
All I want is Just some one telling me that THEY DID IT, IT WAS POSSIBLE, AND HOW THEY DID IT.

PPS
I cant talk about this with friends or Family. Im too scared. Chose to post here cuz over the years TDF has been a 2nd family to me.
The reason I couldnt study was a combination of Procrastination +Clinical depression, Some of it I could have helped, some of it I honestly couldn't.

PPPS
Mods, if I posted in the wrong thread please tell me, dont close it/delete it/ban me. Im not trolling, I do not want to break any rules. Just need some help.

Thanks in Advance.

the general things most of the people have told you here, like dont be depressed and all that. Ill tell you what you need to do to get the marks...

assuming that you have been regular in your studies... like lets say scoring 40% throughout the year, the first thing you need to do is make a plan.

divide your time into 3 slots :

morning 8-12

afternoon 3-6

evening 7-10

these many hours of serious study is more than enough to get you through 80% atleast. i am assuming you have CBSE board.

for physics i would suggest : aieee physics by D.B singh + ncert
chemistry : ncert / pradeep ( this totally depends on you )
maths : ML khanna (objective mathematics) + ncert

now study each subject everyday, dividing your time in 3:2:2 ratio for Maths : chemistry : physics. this means if you study a total of 7 hours / day then 3 hours maths, 2 hours physics and 2 hours chemistry. since people complain that physics is tough, i am assuming the same for you and scoring in maths will be relatively easy for you then and get a higher percetange.

your strategy :

1. Maths :

try to cover calculus + 3d geometry + vector algebra first and then move to topics like matrices and det.... and inverse trignometry.

how to do calculus ?

1. learn all formulas from ncert. ( you can refer to ml khanna for the rest of them )
2. solve each question from the ncert. ( you should know these by heart )

once you complete this PM me, ill tell you which questions to solve from MLK.

and DONT be complacent. each question means each question.

how to approach vectors and 3d ?

1. start with ncert, and learn the applications of formulae and concepts as you solve the exercises... not beforehand like in the case of calculus.

2. Chemistry :

a. physical chemistry is fairly easy, you should know all derivations and questions from the book + back of ncert.
b. inorganic also refer to ncert only. ( try to take notes of important topics and key elements given in glossary )
c. for organic chemistry id suggest start with ncert, practice questions from pradeep.

the next thing is get some practice papers for boards, previous years questions + mock tests.

3. Physics :

start with wave optics and optical instruments first. ( refer to Db singh for further solving approach, but only do questions from ncert, dont solve dbs)

do current electricity + electrostatics - db singh ( level 1 ) + ncert [back]

magnetic effect of electric current + magnetism + EMI + AC - db singh ( level 1 ) + ncert [back]

modern physics at last. visit db singh for formulas

Anish

Spectre
Well, Read this when you come back.
This is what happened to me in my grade 12.
I studied only in TN State Board. Like you I never took my book till January. After that, I started studying only the topics that interested me. Espically zoology and physics. (I took A-Bio group [Biology,Physics,Chemistry,Maths]. )
I aimed for MBBS and concentrated on Biology, Physics and Chemistry alone. First I studied all that interests me. Then followed up the uninteresting stuff. And my habit of reading is this, I read it once, if I understand it, I never go for it for the second time. Here, understanding is more important than remembering, anyway you're gonna skim it before exams once.
Before the day of exam, in the morning, I would take up a model question paper, and try to finish it in 2.30 hrs. (Our exam is for 3 hours).
Believe me or not, these are the results:
1. I scored 93%
2. I finished my physics and maths exam in 2hrs. and scored 195/200 in physics. I didnt get 5 marks because I didnt attend one 3 mark and 2 one mark (I left even without writing anything ! ! )
3. I got low marks in maths (even low than english and tamil) because I was careless in maths.
4. Also, I lost my MBBS seat

Here is my opinion towards you:
1. You can make it for sure.
2. concentrate on all main subjects no matter what (espically on maths)
3. Never leave any question on exams
4. Don't watch movies before the day of exam.
5. Don't aim for a overall percentage. Aim for what you want. That means, concentrate on the core subjects.
6. Don't feel fear

Thats it and you will do it.

I started studying 2 months before exam and got 82.2%.Three months is more than enough. It all depends how much can you cram your brain just before the exam and spit it out on the answer paper. In my case it was CBSE. Studied only ncert and even skipped a chapter or two in every subject.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
You are never late when it comes to studies.. everytime you read a new chapter or a new concept, you are learning something new and your learning graph is pointing up..

And for me this was the case when I opened my books for exams (because I dint have the habit of studying or even reading the books for fun before exams)

I ended up studying only from the last 2 weeks of the D-Day and never failed to hang onto the 80% mark. Most of my study during the time before the D-Day was focused onto the first 2 subjects (excluding languages, if any) and I used to study the rest of the subjects during the course of my exams (obviously on the reserve days between each exam).

So use this time to study the tougher subjects and the rest will fall in place with time :p

Top Bottom