needed a New rig for Performance (is the priority!)

v1india

Broken In
1.Things on my mind.
Purpose:Lots of image processing, hd videos, gaming, programming, heavy web browsing.
2.range 40k to 45k.
3.suggest a processors(ocing in near future).
4.Please differentiate z77,z68,p67....,b77 etc. In intel and a55, a75... In amd.
5.suggest main board particularly for the mentioned processor model.
6.not interested in stock cooling.
7. Good ram.
8. Good G-card.
9.suggest a hd monitor.
10.cabinets supporting the mentioned main board.
11. Once again performance is the priority!!!

hitman4

In the zone
Answer this....*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
V

v1india

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:adobe suit,blender,audio video editors,games like fps,far cry,nfs,dark souls,fall out

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:45k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:s

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win & linux [dual boot]

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:~1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:<30''

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:N/a

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:jan 2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:no & no

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:bengaluru localy & s

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Performance is the priority!

Cilus

laborare est orare
FX 8350 ( 8 Cores, 4 GHz with 4.2 GHz Turbo, 8MB L2, 8 MB L3) @ 12.5K
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.4K
Corsair Vengeance 8GB CL9 1600 MHz DDR3 (8GB X 1) @ 2.7K
WD Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gbps 1TB @ 4.3K
CX 430V2 PSU @ 2.6K
Gigabyte HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 @ 7.9K
Logitech MK100 Keyboard & Mouse Combo @ o.4K
viewsonic Va2248wm LED Display @ 7.7K
Asus 24X DVD R/W SATA @ 1K

Total: 44.5K

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Change the motherboard to Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 or Asus M5A97.
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 doesn't support fx8350,fx8150,fx8320 in any of the revisions of the board available as of now in the official support list.
You forgot the cabinet.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes DS3 doesn't have official support for 125w octa core cpu's. Although it will work, the board's longevity due to insufficient VRM might play spoil sport.
UD3 officially supports FX eight core 125w cpu's owing to its superior 8+2 phase vrm design whereas ds3 has 4+1 phase.

Paying a bit extra and going for ud3 is highly recommended. It will be around 6.2k.

For cabinet, take a look at the following:

*www.flipkart.com/bitfenix-merc-alp...QVDY&ref=0ea89736-bcfe-47f6-a0d2-ae368ed106d7

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^It might not work well.Another user "singh_dd93" found the board unable to work with fx8150.
Another board Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 also don't have fx8150/fx8350/fx8230 in its support list in it's first 3 releases viz. rev. 1.0/1.1,rev. 1.2,rev. 1.3.
After rev 1.4 of the board it(Gigabyte GA-970A-D3) has fx8150/fx8350/fx8320 in its support list.
Check this:Fx8150-Gigabyte ga-970a-d3-Issues

It's better to go with Asus M5A97 or Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, I think GA-970A-UD3 or Asus M5A97 is a better buy but I didn't find the Gigabyte model anywhere. Another thing is, the 970A-DS3 supports all the Piledriver Processors including FX-8350. In the recent Tomshardware $1000 PC, they have included the Gigabyte Motherboard and FX-8350. But they faced issues while overclocking the processor. You can check the updated CPU support list of the DS3 board here: CPU-Upgrade: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3(rev. 1.0) processor support but FX-8350 isn't listed there.

So I think, OP should go with the UD3 or M5A97 board as suggested by Vicky and VKL.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Cilus,in the tomshardware test(System builder marathon:1000$ PC) they used GA-970A-D3 not DS3.
I have checked earlier the CPU upgrade link you have given it has given fx8150 in its support list,irrespective of manufacturer's support list.
Gigabyte support list interface:Gigabyte-CPU support list

OP
V

v1india

Broken In
i visited this site
AMD FX-8350 Vishera Desktop Processor | AMD FX-8350,Vishera,CPU,Processor,FD8350FRW8KHK,Benchmarks,Performance,Reviews,David Ramsey,AMD FX-8350 Vishera Desktop Processor FD8350FRW8KHK Benchmark Performance Review by David Ramsey
and found the processor has drawbacks when working with single core.
there Intel i5 has good ratings.

Last edited:
OP
V

v1india

Broken In
i have selected intel i5 3570k proc
now plz suggest a best mobo from the 3 i selected
.1 giga ga-z77x-up5
.2 msi z77-gd65
.3asrock z77 extrem 4 r 6

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
but your workload needs more multi processioning power than single threaded power..
check a few more reviews...and do some through checking of you requirements..
if its video editing and Photoshop...FX is a better option than 3570K.

OP
V

v1india

Broken In
yes read many reviews and its really a headache but found Intel to be dominant!
also the 8 core is still a new technology and amd itself . don't have upgraded chipsets for time being! which i think amd is far behind Intel.!

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
your choice..Intel is getting rid of these proccies anyways...
and in terms of chip-sets..well...Intel no where comes near AMD in that...theu had USB3 like 2 or 3 gen of chip-sets after Intel.
We can show you right and wrong..its upto you what you choose :p

amjath

Human Spambot
Since OP requirement and performance is the first priority my Intel suggestion would be i5 2500k good overclocking potential against 3 rd gen Intel i5.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Looks like OP is confused as to what he will do with his rig.
with his price range getting a decent Intel combo is difficult.(he has to compromise on the motherboard unfortunately).

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Cilius's config in post#4 looks good with the change in mobo suggested by vkl.
Intel k-series procs will unnecessarily stretch the budget.
The amd config suites your needs very well without compromising on other components.

Top Bottom